GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New WoW Patch"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Wed 20/04/05 at 17:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Just for US at the moment, same as 1.03 was for a couple of days.
Guess ours will arrive in next couple of days or so.
Blizzard Uploader or, after the snailpace of last time, fileplanet info on what this one will do - honour system etc
[URL]http://www.fileplanet.com/150253/150000/fileinfo/World-of-Warcraft-Patch-v1.4.0[/URL]
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That tends to happen to me a lot, I'll come across one or two in a contested area. 9/10 we'll wave at each other and chat in languages neither can understand before running off to our own quests.
Sometimes I'll get attacked but, oddly, only when there seems to be more than 3 together.
*shrugs*
It's PvP and you expect it. Although there have been a couple of times when I've been attacked by lv?? players who fell me in one swipe, which is a bit rubbish. Today I started attacing a lv14 Orc Shamen before realising that, at 31, I'm way stronger. So I stopped and apologised, because I dont like it done to me.
Wed 20/04/05 at 23:37
Regular
A level 32 or something killed Cycloon today (because he's rubbish) so I killed him in return.

Then we went to kill some Syndicate people, when he died (again) whilst running around in a circle like a headless chicken.

But oddly enough, he didn't stop going around in a circle when he died. It was quite funny at the time.

[URL]http://img188.echo.cx/img188/5978/121gu.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://img188.echo.cx/img188/5061/130yn.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://img230.echo.cx/img230/1230/146fz.jpg[/URL]

(It's fun to open those up as new tabs in Firefox and make a little animation)
Wed 20/04/05 at 23:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I like waving to the Horde.
I always dance with them.

I started attacking an Undead the other day... then stopped and helped them kill orcs instead... as we both needed to for some reason.

/point
/cheer
/dance
Thu 21/04/05 at 02:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oh yeah Grix? OH YEAH? I didn't die once this evening. In Gnomeregan. So there.

Who now has a satellite dish on their head? ME?

Froots might have a picture..

Cleared Gnome, got loaded, reached 150 tailoring, now need to go to Darnassus to get the super advanced skills.

Oh, and I'm obsessed with the game.
Thu 21/04/05 at 02:24
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Hurrah for the honour system, but a bit wierd that it only seems to reward you rather than punish as well, seems a bit one sided. But Blizzard are keeping an eye on it, and taking note of what people think so any problems it may have should hopefully be resolved, eventually.

I'm trying to get ready for the inevatable onslaught of PvP battles, I just bought loads of new patterns for my leratherworking off of the AH so can now make myself an (almost) full set of scorpid mail armour, good armour rating and good Agility (as hunters tend to proffer agility bonuses, and mine is at the moment, pretty darn weak.) I shall also make some armour for rogue who's nearly level 10.
Thu 21/04/05 at 10:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Seems a bit like PGR2, where you always got points even if you came last. Which actually is hugely beneficial in terms of getting decent players over any other Live game.....but at the same time, if you don't get punished for killing a really low level, what's the point? Then again, it's PvP and that's how it is.

Bla bla etc
Thu 21/04/05 at 14:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
[URL]http://www.wow-europe.com/en/pvp/rewards-armor.html[/URL] a list of Honour system rewards. Crikey, looks like I'm going to have to do allot of killing to get me that armour set
Thu 21/04/05 at 14:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Nice. I want a mount. That is all.

Trouble is, won't this encourage MORE random killings, when some of the time you can just get away with waving? I know it's PvP, but in places like Stranglethorn, you're half way through a quest and some clever moron comes along and kills you - it's hard to avoid Horde at times like that.

EDIT; Holy Jesus, that stuff is quality.

hmmm...
Thu 21/04/05 at 23:15
Regular
Level 60's get honour from killing level 48's, so you can expect a huge increase in ganking.

Personally I'm not that bothered, there's no way I'd ever play enough to reach the top 5 ranks and thats where all the decent stuff is. I'm just going to carry on as normal.
Fri 22/04/05 at 00:01
Regular
"Excommunicated"
There was a MASSIVE raid on Stormwind tonight

The Trade District was packed, excellent stuff.
I have screenshots but can't be bothered posting them just now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.