GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New WoW Patch"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Wed 20/04/05 at 17:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Just for US at the moment, same as 1.03 was for a couple of days.
Guess ours will arrive in next couple of days or so.
Blizzard Uploader or, after the snailpace of last time, fileplanet info on what this one will do - honour system etc
[URL]http://www.fileplanet.com/150253/150000/fileinfo/World-of-Warcraft-Patch-v1.4.0[/URL]
Wed 20/04/05 at 17:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Just for US at the moment, same as 1.03 was for a couple of days.
Guess ours will arrive in next couple of days or so.
Blizzard Uploader or, after the snailpace of last time, fileplanet info on what this one will do - honour system etc
[URL]http://www.fileplanet.com/150253/150000/fileinfo/World-of-Warcraft-Patch-v1.4.0[/URL]
Wed 20/04/05 at 17:21
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Excellent. I might not get nailed by a lvl 42 Tauren shamen, then corpse camped for over 20 minutes...............
Wed 20/04/05 at 17:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hopefully it'll put a stop to lv?? massacres. Be interesting to see what level differences they consider honourable and which aren't.

And I've managed 2 days without playing.
Hi, I'm Goatboy and I'm a WoW addict
Wed 20/04/05 at 17:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Cool

Not looking forward to the download though.
I went about a week without playing and got bored.
Played for an hour at the weekend and went up about 4-5 levels since.

Damn Warcrack
Wed 20/04/05 at 18:03
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It has been confirmed that it shall be implimented during regular maintenence on friday.
Wed 20/04/05 at 18:56
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Hopefully it'll put a stop to lv?? massacres. Be interesting to see
> what level differences they consider honourable and which aren't.

At the moment it isn't like that, although it should be. You don't actually get punished for killing low level players.

On the US forums a lot of people have been saying about how masses of high level enemy were constantly mining low level players for experience.

Also killing the NPC flight trainers and Quest Givers, kind of halting the game.

I'm kind of looking foward to it, but I also don't want it to turn into a "sorry - you can't have fun unless you're above lvl 50!" game.
Wed 20/04/05 at 19:18
Regular
I'm tempted to get the £20 a year fileplanet offer so I don't have any problems downloading new patches. Hmmmm.
Wed 20/04/05 at 19:44
Regular
Everyone has to visit the dwarf camp on the path from Coldridge Valley to Kharnos... it's so odd, they go to camp, then they come up, practise shooting and shoot a cannon, but it's really quite funny to watch.

But the icing on the cake was when one of the dwarves fired their gun at a target and shouted:

"THIS IS MY BOOOOMMSTICCCKKK"

ahahhahaha Blizzard are great
Wed 20/04/05 at 20:11
Regular
"relocated"
J Nash wrote:
> At the moment it isn't like that, although it should be. You don't
> actually get punished for killing low level players.
>
> On the US forums a lot of people have been saying about how masses of
> high level enemy were constantly mining low level players for
> experience.

Doesn't surprise me really. Not punishing people for being dishonourable makes for a pretty weird kind of honour system if you ask me. Surely it will just be a case of charge in, kill everyone around you and hope that you get an honourable kill along the way. I really hope this doesn't mess up the game.

On the other hand, it will make PvP a bit more attractive. When I'm in contested territory by myself I tend to just wave at other people who are by themselves, and run away from groups. I think I've only started a fight once, which was fun because I won. Now I might be a bit more ruthless.
Wed 20/04/05 at 21:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
We ran into a perfectly amiabe Orc today, who always waved at us as we passed them by a few times.

A cheecky rogue was messing about and took us all on, and got massacred by about 15 Alliance, but it wasn't exactly serious, as he just skipped off. I did get mauled by some retards in Stranglethorn, but it is PvP, so.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.