GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My f***ing dogs have"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/02/04 at 19:21
"I've been skiing!"
My f***ing dogs have just chewed up the stuff I have in the living room.That incles the cushion,a bit of the sofa and a a leg of a mini table and a whole load of other stuff.They are so dead.
Mon 23/02/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Twenty quid."
You said you were angry. What did you do, stop their pocket money?

I was only trying to help.

*wheels away*
Mon 23/02/04 at 17:11
"I've been skiing!"
Did I say I shouted?No
Mon 23/02/04 at 17:02
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Timmargh wrote:
> Did they do it while you were out of the room?

ßreak†hrough wrote:
> Yes.

Shouting and being angry with them will do no good, then. Dogs disassociate themselves from their actions literally a few seconds after doing them, so if you come home to find the place all chewed up then, unless you actually catch them in the act, shouting will be pointless - they won't understand.

Dogs associate actions with what comes *immediately* afterwards:-

... he chews a cushion and nothing happens - he won't think anything of chewing another one;
... you enter the room and he gets shouted at - after several times in a row he'll think you're gonna shout every time you enter the room;
... a cushion and you catch him at it - after several times of *this* in a row he'll associate chewing a cushion with being punished.

It may be separation anxiety - a dog can easily get stressed when the leader of the pack, i.e. you of a member of your family, isn't around.

Another point to think about is the fact that young dogs, like kids, teethe - their gums and teeth hurt and the best way for the to relieve the pain is by chewing stuff.

Get a book on the subject - there are plenty around - and try to understand how a dog thinks. Believe me: it'll help a lot ... it helped me!
Mon 23/02/04 at 16:33
"I've been skiing!"
Timmargh wrote:
> Did they do it while you were out of the room?

Yes.
Mon 23/02/04 at 16:22
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
yes clever little things arent they

Did anyone see deep blue sea?

Killer sharks with massive brains
Mon 23/02/04 at 16:08
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Did they do it while you were out of the room?
Mon 23/02/04 at 15:52
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I'd like to see a warning for the swearing, thanks.

Consistency, people, CONSISTENCY.
Sun 22/02/04 at 19:54
"I've been skiing!"
Yeah I know.But you have to be angry with them so they can learn that it's wrong.
Sun 22/02/04 at 19:47
Regular
You can't be angry at them for doing it though - it's their nature to use their teeth.
Sun 22/02/04 at 19:45
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
ßreak†hrough wrote:
>
> Well she needs to stop going to bed with cats then.

Going to bed with them isnt a problem, its the having sex with them that is :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.