GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will we ever love robots?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/02/04 at 01:32
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I'm watching A.I. (artificial intelligence) as i right this, and i was wondering if you think robots will ever replace the love of a real child to a parent?

I think A.I. is a genious of a film. And i think that the acting seems so real and from that i think it could be possible.

What do you think.
Sun 22/02/04 at 20:41
"Mimmargh!"
Whatever, it was the kind of crazed meddling that I would expect from Lucas.
Sun 22/02/04 at 20:39
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I was thinking about the ending, and i thought about that they might not be aliens. They didnt say it anywhere, and i thought, maybe they are the robots/andriods/AI.
It could be. Because they did say that they wil be the only ones left alive.
Sun 22/02/04 at 20:36
"Mimmargh!"
The question isn't whether we can ever love robots/androids/A.I.s but whether they can love us.

As the chracter of Terminator remarks at the end of Terminator 2: Judgement Day: ''I now know why you cry, but it is something I can never do''.

And A.I. was classic filmaking but was completely ruined at the end by a moment of insanity. The film should have ended when the A.I. jumped into the water. I was prepared to forgive the fact that it didn't end at that classic point when after the robot kid was frozen bloody aliens came and did loads of stupid stuff. Directorial insanity.
Sun 22/02/04 at 17:57
Regular
"SOUP!"
Cub!st wrote:
> *hugs furby* We're expecting our third this month

Lol :-)
Sun 22/02/04 at 17:54
"possibly impossible"
I think there are probably people who would get 'too' involved with an android, no matter whether it was human looking or otherwise. If you look at news reports around the world you will see that there are quite a few cases already where people have developed over-amorous relationships with objects, so it's only a small step to consider what would happen if an object were made more human.

Just remember folks, don't love your toaster, you'll just end up getting burnt.
Sun 22/02/04 at 16:10
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Check out a Manga release called "Chobits".

that touches on this kind of thing... and it's nicely presented too :)
Sun 22/02/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Black Glove wrote:
> I wouldn't mind owning my own android dolly bird programmed to do the
> cooking, washing, cleaning and, er, erotic chores.

Bless, does your lass tell you it's a chore? Awww.
Sun 22/02/04 at 15:46
"period drama"
People will love robots.
But never as much as monkeys.

Make a robot monkey and you're beyond godly.
Sun 22/02/04 at 14:58
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
A.I. was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo crap.

People will never truly love robots, they'll use them, one day, like they do, but never really.
Sun 22/02/04 at 14:55
Regular
"That's right!"
No, but they'll replace blow up doll girlfriends.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.