GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon Pearl and Diamond to be online?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pokemon Pearl'.
Thu 21/04/05 at 19:26
Regular
"What's basketball?"
According to DScentral anyway:

> Two planned Pokemon titles for the DS, Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl,
> will feature online play according to Eurogamer. The titles will be shown
> off at this year's E3 less than a month away.

[URL]http://www.dscentral.net/[/URL]
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:17
Regular
"What's basketball?"
TaMi-Jr wrote:
> or maybe people like marinky would
> choose the girl character to drool over. i guess its the next best
> thing after real girls right marinky?

Yep. I just can't get a real girl. :)

Actually, these were just someone elses ideas that I nabbed. I just couldn't be bothered to change the wording.

EDIT- except for that stealing Pokemon thing.
Mon 25/04/05 at 20:23
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gerrid wrote:
> maybe girls would prefer to be girls.

Hmm. Not sure if you're just calling Marinky a girl or if you know his/her gender which I admit I don't.

And yeh FFF, 'tis. Although Emerald went a long way to having more availiable than ever before. It even had Mew, the 3 Legendary Birds and some other "one-off" Pokémon.
Mon 25/04/05 at 18:57
"period drama"
Tphi wrote:
> It would be good to get them all in one game. If you wanted all 386
> in the GBA games you'd need to have/trade with: Sapphire, Ruby,
> Emerald, Leaf Green, Fire Red and Collosseum on the Cube.

Ugh.
Bit of a cheap trick, isn't it?
Mon 25/04/05 at 18:48
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
yes that could be a possibility. or maybe people like marinky would choose the girl character to drool over. i guess its the next best thing after real girls right marinky?
Mon 25/04/05 at 18:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
maybe girls would prefer to be girls.
Mon 25/04/05 at 17:42
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> -Character customisation. I want to make my player to look how I want
> her.

Just out of interest, why a girl?
Mon 25/04/05 at 16:35
Regular
"What's basketball?"
munn wrote:
> I'd like it if they took the three Pokemon worlds and filled them with
> the original 150 pokemon minus some of the crappy ones plus some of
> the good ones (Such as the evil hounds and that massive thing that
> evolves from the pine cones)
>
> And let us catch things such as the fire tiger dog Arcsomething I
> think and Ninetails in the same damn game.
>
> And make all Pokemon start from level 5 or something. Even if you
> attack a level 70 thing, you need to train it up, teaching it moves
> etc.
>
> Oh, and none of this "I'll make you fight me" trainer
> malarky.
>
> You fight other people.
> But you can decline if you want.
>
> And big Pokémon tournies in the gyms in full 3D, with the
> winner getting a badge giving them entry into the big tournament (Who
> wants to fight the Elite 4?) that occurs every Saturday/Sunday, and
> you need to get all 8 badges from whichever world to play in that
> tournament, but of course, once you compete, you need to beat Gym
> Leaders all over again.
>
> Winning a tournament enters you into another tournament which occurs
> every 8 weeks (until then you get to be a gym leader of course), and
> the winner of that tournament can BE one of the Elite 4.
>
> People can challenge you to battles, but you get a mighty trophy in
> your inventory.
>
> And you just waddle around fighting n00bs and laughing at them.
>
>
> It'd rock.

-A proper online world to connect to. Meet other trainers in real time and chat.

-Human gym trainers and leaders. Good players might be offered their own gym or training hall space.

-The ability to join Team Rocket! Ever since I first cleared the Nugget bridge on Red, and that guy asked me to join TR I've wanted to say yes. I want to go around in a cool black uniform and steal Pokemon and stuff. That would be too cool.

-Online tournaments. Like a Colosseum mode, where players can battle for great real-life and game prizes.

-Character customisation. I want to make my player to look how I want her. Even if it's quite low-poly, something like PSO's character creation would rock my socks.

And I bet that you all moaned because of all the numerous remakes of Red and Blue. You know you did. Don't try to hide it. I know how you'd really feel if the same 151 were used again
Mon 25/04/05 at 13:35
Regular
I'd like it if they took the three Pokemon worlds and filled them with the original 150 pokemon minus some of the crappy ones plus some of the good ones (Such as the evil hounds and that massive thing that evolves from the pine cones)

And let us catch things such as the fire tiger dog Arcsomething I think and Ninetails in the same damn game.

And make all Pokemon start from level 5 or something. Even if you attack a level 70 thing, you need to train it up, teaching it moves etc.

Oh, and none of this "I'll make you fight me" trainer malarky.

You fight other people.
But you can decline if you want.

And big Pokémon tournies in the gyms in full 3D, with the winner getting a badge giving them entry into the big tournament (Who wants to fight the Elite 4?) that occurs every Saturday/Sunday, and you need to get all 8 badges from whichever world to play in that tournament, but of course, once you compete, you need to beat Gym Leaders all over again.

Winning a tournament enters you into another tournament which occurs every 8 weeks (until then you get to be a gym leader of course), and the winner of that tournament can BE one of the Elite 4.

People can challenge you to battles, but you get a mighty trophy in your inventory.

And you just waddle around fighting n00bs and laughing at them.

It'd rock.
Mon 25/04/05 at 02:23
Regular
I'd rather they stuck with the pokemon they had and work on expanding the moves.

There are so many pokemon, and only about 10% are ever used because it's obvious which ones are good.

They came a step closer with the special attribute each pokemon has, but there weren't many different types. I'd like to see it at the point where every Pokemon has at least one move that no others have, and all useful in different situations. So pokemon like Mankey, Fearow etc. actually become viable rather than 3rd rate punchbags.
Sun 24/04/05 at 20:48
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
More pre-evolution pokemon? Great, just great. Soon we'll have a Mew0.5 and a Bi-Pichu.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.