GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/02/04 at 13:05
Regular
": ("
I had a look at the GAD list and i realised that some people who have won are just people who are new to the site and dont realise they can win a game and therefore they dont claim it. I think GAD should be exclusive to regulars and above so that more people will claim instead of new people who never claim. Im not saying Newbies dont deserve it, im just saying that reagulars would probably claim as they will not be new to the site. Please tell me if you think the same or if you have a better idea.
Sat 21/02/04 at 13:05
Regular
I had a look at the GAD list and i realised that some people who have won are just people who are new to the site and dont realise they can win a game and therefore they dont claim it. I think GAD should be exclusive to regulars and above so that more people will claim instead of new people who never claim. Im not saying Newbies dont deserve it, im just saying that reagulars would probably claim as they will not be new to the site. Please tell me if you think the same or if you have a better idea.
Sat 21/02/04 at 13:08
Regular
"SOUP!"
I won 3 or 4 times as a newbie.

I claimed, I saw, I conquered.
Sat 21/02/04 at 13:08
Regular
"Enchilladas"
Shut up you ignorant fool.

GAD is there to prompt us to write reviews and not ones like...

"Its a really good game"

and ones that are worthy of a GAD therefore a good review.
Sat 21/02/04 at 13:17
Regular
Why do you always wanna start an arguement, stop attention seeking and go to bed.
Sat 21/02/04 at 13:40
Regular
"eat toast!"
strange, i always felt that the GAD was what had drawn everyone into the forums and reviews the first place.

I don't think it should be restircted for several reasons:

1) Discrimination. Who knows, there could be a newbie who could be very good and be one of the top winners. To restirct his rise isn't fair. After all, weren't we all newbies once?

2) level of innovation, members and entertainment would drop. But then, isn't that a GOOD thing (drop in numbers that is). But then, if you think about it, the regulars shouldn't be threatenednd as most of them make some diabolical reviews at times.

But then, i wasn't sure at the time whether i would win a GAD. But god was i surprised when i did. Still, can't argue with that. Maybe a system where we can send them private emails or posts saying that they have won?
Sat 21/02/04 at 13:42
"I've been skiing!"
Your newbist
Sat 21/02/04 at 14:02
"I love yo... lamp."
That would be just stupid.

If they can write something worth winning then why not let them? Just because they might be less likely to check to see if they have won? Don't you think SR would actually be fairly happy if fewer people actually claimed?
Sat 21/02/04 at 14:03
Regular
Cwazy Wabbit™ wrote:
> Why do you always wanna start an arguement, stop attention seeking and
> go to bed.

But that's what you're doing.

Anyway, being a regular doesn't mean you deserve to win GAD, it can mean you're a retarded spammer that won't stopp posting crap. This topic is proof of that.

A lot of newbies that come here are much better writers than the majority of regulars, and of course, some are cheaters, idiots and the like.

GAD is for everyone, foolio.
Sat 21/02/04 at 14:05
Regular
"Notable"
Well said Rickoss.
Sat 21/02/04 at 14:17
Regular
"No Chance!?!?!?!?!?"
I am a newb but I wouls always claim!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.