GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime 2: Echoes'.
Fri 22/04/05 at 22:12
Regular
I got the game for christmas from my father. Played it a few times never again. I don't like it. I can't sell or trade it because I don't do that sort of thing with presents. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of using it as firewood or a doormat to my bedroom.
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:31
Regular
Look how old this thread is no-one cares anymore.
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:23
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
> I'd like to think that settles that argument but I know people are
> going to argue regardless.

heh. theres no point trying to settle arguments here=) opinions r always going to differ, and that can only be a good thing. without arguments, chat forums wouldnt be as fun would they? i think, metroid prime 1 and 2 work as well as they do, not because of the FPS elements of the game, but because of platforming/adventure type of gameplay. the amazingly good level design doesnt hurt the game either. don't get me wrong, the FPS part of the game is very good, however, it is rather simplistic when compared to other day FPS'.
i just feel that so many gamers like games these days because they have guns, cars and women in them e.g. GTA's sales. thats why i think nintendo/retro studios have done such a great job with the prime games. they didn't follow the crowd and make a brainless shooter. they made their own unique game which has contributed much to the gamecube's success, especcially in the eyes of non-nintendo fans. i hope retro have plans for the revolution.
Sat 07/05/05 at 22:56
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Edgy wrote:
> So I put a question to all those that argue...find me a word that
> rhymes with 'orange'!

Door-hinge :P
Sat 07/05/05 at 20:21
Regular
I can see why people might get confused with Metroid Prime and its sequel.

After all, they're games where you shoot a gun...and they're in first person view.

Yes, they are first person shooters. They're just done differently, focusing on adventure and exploration moreso than following an exact set path which you can't deviate from no matter how much you try shooting lots of poor AI bad guys.

Adventure + FPS.

I'd like to think that settles that argument but I know people are going to argue regardless.

So I put a question to all those that argue...find me a word that rhymes with 'orange'!

Sat 07/05/05 at 20:08
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
mmm and all the cheats. remember spending ages trying to get invisibility cheat (like 1.20 mins on facility on 00 agent setting) which was nigh impossible, but the feeling i had when i got it was great. they don't make games like they used to =(
Sat 07/05/05 at 13:31
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Goldeneye is a very memorable game. I spent more time on it than any other game I've ever had. I must have spent hundreds of hours on the Facilty alone, just hiding somewhere and mowing down wave after wave of enemies.
Sat 07/05/05 at 13:09
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
mp 1 + 2 arent fps'. they r amazing games in their own right but they ain't fps. in my opinion no shooter will ever be better than goldeneye, i loved that game too much =) i still know every level in the game off by heart. i could draw u a map of each of them with all the objectives plotted. its kinda scary like an obsession, but just remembering it brings a smile to my face =)
Wed 04/05/05 at 16:59
Regular
Doesn't Timesplitters have a place in your life?
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:07
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
Metroid prime 1+2 are the best fps since goldeneye/perfect dark
(which are the best fps ever) i have halo 1 + 2 and they are average compaired to Metroid. The graphics, playabilty, and sound quality is outstanding. the frame rate is the best i have ever seen,

lets hope there is another prime game lined up for the revolution :)
Sun 01/05/05 at 20:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Indeed, he's looking for some other person's leg to hump now Hedfix's left.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.