GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need glasses!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/02/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Plate of glue"
True. I went to Specsavers on Tuesday and the did a few eye tests.
It was just a routines check up. Last time I did brilliantly. But when I sat in that cold black cair with all the buttons that makes the chair up and down,up and down,up and down, it all went horriably wrong.
Now I get to have a pair of glasses which should be £64 but I get them on the NHS. Mwhahahahah! They are actually quite nice. They make me look intelligent, (which I am by the way). Not geeky, Intelligent. I am getting them tomorrow morning. I'm not sure wether to be happy or sad.

:) :(
Thu 19/02/04 at 15:17
Regular
"That's right!"
I had to cheat on my last eye test. Got a free one at work last year. It wasn't one of those "Read the bottom line" kinds of test, I had to look through this microscope type thing. Something was on the left, something on the right, and when they come together you have to say what you see.

Except for me they didn't come together. All I could see was blackness. So I had to close one eye, look at whatever was on the left, then close that eye and look at what was on the right then put them together in my head.

My dad said he did the same one and couldn't see anything either. I reckon it's because one of my eyes is slightly bong.
Thu 19/02/04 at 15:11
Regular
"Selected"
Paradox: wrote:
> I wore glasses for six months then went for a checkup at a different
> optician and they told me I didnt need them at all. :-|

yeah but it was those joke disguise glasses with the fake nose and moustache wasn't it...
Thu 19/02/04 at 15:08
Regular
"Plate of glue"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> 50 quid each eye, and you get a free bottle of optrex.

Hmmmm.... anyone do it cheaper?

This bottle of optrex you speak of...
Thu 19/02/04 at 15:07
Regular
"SOUP!"
I wore glasses for six months then went for a checkup at a different optician and they told me I didnt need them at all. :-|
Thu 19/02/04 at 15:06
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I'd cry, once I went into a giant boots at Christmas time because my mate wanted to get tons of smelly, bath pressent things for presents. Anyway I didn't want anything but the que was huge so I decided to have a wonder round. I found a glasses section. THey had all the designer ones from Kalvin Klein to French Connection UK. I was impressed and considering I had 20 minutes to kill decided to try them on. I tried on pair after pair after pair and not one of them suited me. They made my ears stick out like satellites, my cheeks looked like chubby little chipmunks and basically not one pair looked good on me.

I also had to lie to an optician so they'd let me stay and try more on. I was quite convincing. As far as he knew I had recently been told I need glasses, short sighted in my right eye and long sighted in my left, I was using contact lenses while I was there and I wanted to invest in a pair of dessigner glasses after christmas. I am a masterful lier...cough...

Anyway yeh back to the point I'd cry.
Thu 19/02/04 at 15:05
Regular
Only wear them when you really need them. I only wear mine for driving, but I've noticed I need them more and more often for other stuff.

Sorry but dems da facts.

You could have someone stick a laser in your eye in a few years, when you have a bit of cash. That'll sort em out good and proper.

In fact, I'll do it on the cheap, I got the laser out of a CD player and have had mixed results when testing my methods on rats.

50 quid each eye, and you get a free bottle of optrex.
Thu 19/02/04 at 15:03
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Might be worth going to another place to get your eyes tested.

Some of those free eye test places tend to just say you need glasses just so they get money from you.
Thu 19/02/04 at 15:01
Regular
"Plate of glue"
This isn't helping!
Thu 19/02/04 at 15:00
Regular
"SOUP!"
Its true what he says, they make your eyes worse. My mum got some just for reading and now she cant see propperly without them.

They're evil.
Thu 19/02/04 at 14:59
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Oh dear.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.