GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laughing at disabled people"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/02/04 at 17:14
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Maybe the title should be "Laughing at or with disabled people" ... ?

Anyway, I've just read this article ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk /1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3481859.stm

... and it was refreshing to see that they're not going over the top, as is usual with people trying to be all 'politically correct'. It'll be interesting to see whether these disabled performers are any good or have simply gotten through because of their disability.
Wed 18/02/04 at 17:39
"Darth Vader 3442321"
"Last week the BBC announced targets for showing disability on screen that will see at least one regular disabled character in a returning drama series on BBC One by the end of this year".

And 2% of the extras in BBC One dramas will be disabled by the same time".

I'm sorry if this is crude and unfunny but I can picture one of the new episodes in Doctor Who featuring Daleks chasing someone in a wheel chair...

"Damn these DDA requirements, we've made ourselves easy pickings with these ramps and lifts".

"Yes! When will we ever learn?"
Wed 18/02/04 at 17:14
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Maybe the title should be "Laughing at or with disabled people" ... ?

Anyway, I've just read this article ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk /1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3481859.stm

... and it was refreshing to see that they're not going over the top, as is usual with people trying to be all 'politically correct'. It'll be interesting to see whether these disabled performers are any good or have simply gotten through because of their disability.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.