GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life 2 Canned for Xbox?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/02/04 at 14:24
Regular
"All about the Beats"
http://www.gamedreamz.com/index.cgi?m=stories&s=read&id=633

Humm..
Fri 20/02/04 at 23:03
Regular
"8==="
Indeed, but I was impressed by the graphics available whilst running 16 player matches and all the other online niceties.
Fri 20/02/04 at 22:59
Regular
They may have nice surface textures but from a technical point of view they weren't very impressive. Rainbow Six 3 had very hit and miss Ragdoll physics, no where near as good as Max Payne 2 or Painkiller. The AI was absolutely toss at times and for the mos**t part they spoilt things by turning their back on you in the middle of a fire fight and running s**traight in front of your gun. Its little things that add up to make a great game. I am sure Half Life 2 will have all those little in and outs and by the sh*t load I have read and watched about it I am sure that in the end it will be technically the bes**t game on the market.
Fri 20/02/04 at 22:40
Regular
"8==="
Graphically I was impressed by RS3, PGR is also graphically impressive although it's far too clinical for me to play it for more than an hour or so, it just doesn't seem very lively.

Secret Weapons Over Normandy is also nicely realised.
Fri 20/02/04 at 22:21
Regular
Its probably my expectations being stupidly high. To be honest very little impresses me these days. The last game to really blow me away from a graphical point of view was Resident Evil Zero. Far Cry, Zelda: Wind Waker, Command and Conquer: Generals and Max Payne 2 come very close but it takes a lot for me to take note. A shame really as I waste a lot of my time trying to perfect things. That is of course unless the game was never going to be a graphical delight in which case I usually don't touch it.
Fri 20/02/04 at 22:15
Regular
"8==="
I saw a video of it a couple of months back, it looks stunning.

However I'm not a big fan of PC FPS games. I did get through Deus Ex on PC though.
Fri 20/02/04 at 22:06
Regular
Half Life 2 was in the works soon after Half Life was released in the US on PC. From the latest videos I have seen it looks awesome from a technical point of view and attention to detail but the weapons and general character textures are no where near as detailed I was hoping. The environments are truly stunning and it will be one of the first game to make full use of Direct X 9.0 graphics card. It could just be the resolution of the videos or an earlier build of the game, to me though the guns look a little on the small side if you get what I mean.
Fri 20/02/04 at 21:59
Regular
"8==="
Seriously though, HL2's taken about 5 years hasn't it? I expect, after spending all that time, Valve want to have as much control over each version as possible.
Fri 20/02/04 at 21:57
Regular
"8==="
Probably because Vivendi are cheap gits. ;D
Fri 20/02/04 at 21:53
Regular
The same team behind the PC version. Valve and gearbox worked on the PS2 version and the Dreamcast version.
Fri 20/02/04 at 21:45
Regular
"8==="
Who did the PS2 half-life conversion?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.