GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forza Motorsport...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Forza Motorsport'.
Sun 24/04/05 at 15:39
Regular
Is it me or is this game actually looking like it might be a lot of fun?

Played the old demo which was too realistic and that sucked really badly so it totally put me off the game. But apparently the handling now works very much along the same lines of Project Gotham 2.

E.g realistic enough but not so realistic that it makes the game dull *cough* Gran Turismo *cough*

The customisation options are insanely detailed and the online game looks to be 10 times the game Project Gotham 2 ever was (which was quite a game in its own right).

Think I'll go pre-order it actually.
Wed 27/04/05 at 15:05
"Was the man of marz"
Still think MSR is one of the best driving games ever. I liked how it was purely down to the player how far they went, not like most recent games where even the s***e are given a helping hand right through to the end.
Wed 27/04/05 at 09:15
Regular
That. Picture. Is. Genius.

:D
Wed 27/04/05 at 09:06
Regular
Ha!

[URL]http://www.spellingmistakescostlives.com/images/drawings/main/youvebeenframed.gif[/URL]

She's a sex god, the sooner you see it the sooner you can move on to Rik Waller.
Wed 27/04/05 at 07:01
Regular
You and Lisa Riley - I don't know...
Tue 26/04/05 at 22:24
Regular
Yep.

It was the fact you had the option. Before you could get to the top end Ferraris/Porches you had to pick the car that best suited you and for what race, you weren't forced into using one of 'x'crap cars. Even when I had the F50 I still used the Focus for Cone challenges as well as a bronze coloured car (forgotten the name). That for me was what made PGR stand out above anything else, I loved getting the F50 and going back to destroy races I had struggled to grab gold in with another car and then switching to a different car to do the cone challenges etc.

PGR2 forced you to use some really crap cars at times and within a couple of hours you had already bought the top end car/s to use when that particular race came around, thus giving you fack all to play for, I hated PGR2 because of this. If PGR3 reverts back to the original style I will have an Xbox 360 before you can say Lisa Riley has saggy t*ts.
Tue 26/04/05 at 17:06
Regular
I don't mean do the whole game with one car. What annoyed me about PGR2 was that everytime you started a new series you had to have a different car. Some of which I didn't like using.

TOCA 2 gives the player a lot of different racing series, but you usually have a choice of which you took part in. With PGR 2 you didn't. With PGR 1, if you didn't like the car you had just unlocked, you didn't have to use it, you could keep going with the one you had until a car came along that you did like.

With PGR 2, you're having to learn a new driving style far too often. I've only just got used to the series I'm in, and I'm off doing the next series.
Tue 26/04/05 at 16:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What?!

What's the point of a racing game if you only ever use one car?!
Tue 26/04/05 at 16:43
Regular
Suicide Soldier wrote:
> Yep, totally with you on this. The ability to take any car into any
> race was excellent, the sequel took this away and just became a total
> dull fest.

Exactly, you got used to driving one car so you could get the most out of it and go a lot further into the game with one car than you thought you could.

All this changing series every 8 races or so is crap. So much so that I've given up on PGR 2 and have restarted the original from scratch, and am loving it!

Personally I don't mind the cone challenges, so PGR and MSR are on a level for me.
Tue 26/04/05 at 15:48
Regular
The single player was a hell of a lot better on the original Project Gotham, I agree. But then I thought MSR was the best of the bunch, mainly because it didn't have those wretched cone challenges.

Hopefully they'll go back to the original style for PGR3, if it wasn't for the Live play I think I'd have taken back PGR2 after the first week. Oh and they better make massive improvements over that stupid AI.
Tue 26/04/05 at 15:43
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Personally I much preferred the original PGR. The sequel just didn't
> do it for me somehow...

Yep, totally with you on this. The ability to take any car into any race was excellent, the sequel took this away and just became a total dull fest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.