GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retiring Elfy, anybody coming?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok so rather than continue to get fed up with being pillaged by r0xx0r!!!!! players that want to harvest honour points, I've decided to go onto a PvE/Normal server until this whole thing settles and the mindless 14yr olds stop butchering everybody in sight to gain a measly honour point.
Apparently you can switch PvP off unless in enemy controlled areas which should at least slow-down the deathrate of anybody that doesn't play 24/7 to reach level 50+ and gain near-immunity from these harvesting kiddies.

Anybody want to shift to a calmer style of play where PvP action still happens but not with the ferocity and frequency?
I'm sure it will calm down or Blizzard will implement some form of penalty for the rampant murder and I'm enjoying the game waaaay too much to abandon it.
So if anybody else wants to (I'm doing it regardless) shall we pick a server and disappear for a bit?
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:24
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hahahaha sulk much?
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:45
Regular
Hey, my memory isn't so bad after all:

Bravestarr, the space cowboy, had:

Powers/Abilities: Able to call on the powers of different animals, temporarily granting him superhuman strength ("strength of the bear"), or speed ("speed of the puma"), or senses ("eyes of the hawk", "ears of the wolf"). He was a good shot with his laser, and a skilled horseman.

And his horse was Thirty-Thirty, [URL]http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/3030.jpg[/URL], which well, is actually pretty damn cool and had a rather large gun.

[URL]http://dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/Bravestarr/Images/30-1_TV.JPG[/URL]

And as I'm in a pretty retro mood, there's also: [URL]http://retro.vandegrift.net/[/URL] where you can download intros to old programmes, including Bravestarr if you can't remember it at all.
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:46
Regular
Hahahha that intro rocks
Thu 28/04/05 at 19:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hmmm, I would but I don't have the spare time to start and be rubbish again.

I think... maybe I should just stop playing till Uni work is over.
Stupid Warcrack.
Thu 28/04/05 at 20:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Nah, I played alright today on Dragonmaw, was pretty good, did the Scarlet Monastery for the first time and got a cool staff.

I'm ok at the moment. Just prone to bouts of rage when I go to a contested zone and meet level ??s.
Thu 28/04/05 at 21:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Troll called Fump on that server
I'll go back to Elf Hunter & Tauren Shaman when I can play in a style that suits me again.
Thu 28/04/05 at 22:16
Regular
Just started my shapeshifting black war-cow called Holstein, I'll have a play for a bit.
Thu 28/04/05 at 23:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
*Shrug* PvE they just camp the NPC and quest givers. I've invested too much time in my charcter to simply walk away on DragonMaw.
Thu 28/04/05 at 23:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Same.

+

It is annoying, but I'm going to give it time. I've ran into some decent horde today.
Fri 29/04/05 at 00:21
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm sticking to Dragonmaw, just started a forth character yesterday. If I get bored with my main, level 47 hunter, I go grinding with either of the other 3, safe in the knowledge that I can level up without being constanly attacked.

Saying that though, went to the badlands yesterday with my main character and didn't seem to run into any problems. Though I did go on around 3 in the afternoon so all the kiddies where still at school.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.