GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retiring Elfy, anybody coming?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok so rather than continue to get fed up with being pillaged by r0xx0r!!!!! players that want to harvest honour points, I've decided to go onto a PvE/Normal server until this whole thing settles and the mindless 14yr olds stop butchering everybody in sight to gain a measly honour point.
Apparently you can switch PvP off unless in enemy controlled areas which should at least slow-down the deathrate of anybody that doesn't play 24/7 to reach level 50+ and gain near-immunity from these harvesting kiddies.

Anybody want to shift to a calmer style of play where PvP action still happens but not with the ferocity and frequency?
I'm sure it will calm down or Blizzard will implement some form of penalty for the rampant murder and I'm enjoying the game waaaay too much to abandon it.
So if anybody else wants to (I'm doing it regardless) shall we pick a server and disappear for a bit?
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok so rather than continue to get fed up with being pillaged by r0xx0r!!!!! players that want to harvest honour points, I've decided to go onto a PvE/Normal server until this whole thing settles and the mindless 14yr olds stop butchering everybody in sight to gain a measly honour point.
Apparently you can switch PvP off unless in enemy controlled areas which should at least slow-down the deathrate of anybody that doesn't play 24/7 to reach level 50+ and gain near-immunity from these harvesting kiddies.

Anybody want to shift to a calmer style of play where PvP action still happens but not with the ferocity and frequency?
I'm sure it will calm down or Blizzard will implement some form of penalty for the rampant murder and I'm enjoying the game waaaay too much to abandon it.
So if anybody else wants to (I'm doing it regardless) shall we pick a server and disappear for a bit?
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:00
Regular
I'll probably have considered it more if I hadn't just started that tauren, but I know, the thing is, as soon as I get going with it, it'll be the same old thing. So yeah, you're right.

Sure, what the hell, it's not exactly abandoning/retiring though.. I'd rather just see it as more of the 'escape' server, when you want to play the game but not be bothered by everyone all the damn time.

And just because it's easier to just pick one than discuss it: I've found Thunderhorn, low population and on Normal, so let's go there.

I suggest we go horde? We've all got pretty far into the alliance quests, so it'll probably be more interesting to do it that way.
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
This has gone beyond geeky now - some of those words I don't even understand.
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> And just because it's easier to just pick one than discuss it: I've
> found Thunderhorn, low population and on Normal, so let's go there.
>
> I suggest we go horde? We've all got pretty far into the alliance
> quests, so it'll probably be more interesting to do it that way.

Thunderhorn it is, Horde.
Any particular race? If we choose the same, we can aid each other with quests etc.
I haven't played Undead/Orc/Goblin yet, might be interesting.

And it's not retiring, poor choice of words on my part - it's simply somewhere else to go until they sort out this daft situation and we can continue without having to take 5 times longer to get anywhere.
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:12
Regular
Don't think it matters what race really, I think it's pretty easy to meet up sooner or later anyway once we get going..

I really want to be a druid for some reason **eyes of the eagle, heart of the bear, rides around on a horse thing, Darkstarr? I can't remember**, and taurens are the only ones who can be, so I'll probably do that.

But I think feel free to be whatever, it'll be better in the long run I'd imagine.
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah, might give Goblin a bash.
Thunderhorn, my new home away from annoyances until it calms down.

I'll create/log in in an hour or so, give it a whirl.
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:14
Regular
[URL]http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/2077/contents.html[/URL]

Well, not completely wrong.
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Man, I dont remember that at all
*scratches head*
And by goblin, I obviously meant Troll. *doh*
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:18
Regular
"\\"
Such a gold thread.

Aww.

No I've spoilt it.
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:22
Regular
Oh the hilarity.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.