GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retiring Elfy, anybody coming?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Thu 28/04/05 at 17:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok so rather than continue to get fed up with being pillaged by r0xx0r!!!!! players that want to harvest honour points, I've decided to go onto a PvE/Normal server until this whole thing settles and the mindless 14yr olds stop butchering everybody in sight to gain a measly honour point.
Apparently you can switch PvP off unless in enemy controlled areas which should at least slow-down the deathrate of anybody that doesn't play 24/7 to reach level 50+ and gain near-immunity from these harvesting kiddies.

Anybody want to shift to a calmer style of play where PvP action still happens but not with the ferocity and frequency?
I'm sure it will calm down or Blizzard will implement some form of penalty for the rampant murder and I'm enjoying the game waaaay too much to abandon it.
So if anybody else wants to (I'm doing it regardless) shall we pick a server and disappear for a bit?
Sat 30/04/05 at 17:47
Regular
"\\"
*pats head*

It's ok :)

I look into things a damn lot too. But I usually come to a pretty logical answer and never ask anyone for their opinion.
Sat 30/04/05 at 17:40
Regular
It's just I can say ass, so I guess ass isn't a bad word. And I can say anus, so I understand it's not to do with the actual part of the body.

But to take a word that is accepted, then to add it to another innocent word to make another, which means the same as anus, isn't allowed.

You know, I think I look too hard into things.
Sat 30/04/05 at 17:38
Regular
More like.. um.. I'm trying to think of another pretty innocent part of the body that has a hole in it, but naturally.. yes.

Can I say anus? Bumhole.
Sat 30/04/05 at 17:36
Regular
"\\"
Isn't that like asking "Why can I say 'fu' and 'ck', but not both together?".

Probably not. But y'know.
Sat 30/04/05 at 15:18
Regular
Yeah, I'm a bit worried about that myself WS. I guess I'd prefer to wait around for a NPC to respawn rather than have to run half a mile back to my body over and over just to find my body being camped and get nothing done at all.

I can't believe how one little change can bring out the ass hole in so many people.

And why can I say ass, and hole, but not the two together?
Sat 30/04/05 at 15:05
Regular
On Stormrage (PVE) I noticed it's almost impossible to quest in The Barrens, not because you can be attacked, but because the Alliance zerg all the quest givers as soon as they respawn...
Fri 29/04/05 at 10:36
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I dont think i could bring myself to start a new character again after just reaching Lvl 30, otherwise i would.

Im not actually finding the PvP thing too annoying at the moment. I havent been butchered to a degree a few other people seem to have, and im just about the right lvl to look after myself now, so think i will continue to plough on with my hunter.
Fri 29/04/05 at 10:01
Regular
Yeah I tried cracking on with some quests in Ashenvale the other day and just gave up. It's not too bad when there is just the one who is of a similar level, I usually get whipped by around 3-4 twice the level I currently am.
Fri 29/04/05 at 09:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hmm, I've just realised that my current crop of quests are drying up. After that, I'm going to be in contested areas heavily.

Perhaps a move to PvE for a while may be in order...
Fri 29/04/05 at 00:21
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm sticking to Dragonmaw, just started a forth character yesterday. If I get bored with my main, level 47 hunter, I go grinding with either of the other 3, safe in the knowledge that I can level up without being constanly attacked.

Saying that though, went to the badlands yesterday with my main character and didn't seem to run into any problems. Though I did go on around 3 in the afternoon so all the kiddies where still at school.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.