GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*** SR F1 CHAMPIONSHIP 2004 SIGN UP THREAD ***"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/02/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Here we are. SR F1 has reached it's third season and this time, the rules are changing again, due to popular demand. They are simple but can get a bit complicated, so bear with me. Any questions, let me know.

For those unaware of this series, the rules are simple. I run the race through Grand Prix 4 on the PC and I post the results. The drivers ratings are all the same so no one gets the advantage. For those not doing so well this time around, there is a back up championship where you use your power of prediction in order to win. The prediction topic will be the race preview so make sure you read it if you want to enter.

To start with, all updates will be shown here:

http://www.freewebs.com/gpsr/srf1.htm

To start the season, I require 22 drivers. I might start the season earlier, but it depends on certain things. At the moment, 9 drivers have been confirmed and 2 teams are full. Here is a list of teams and drivers so far: (For more info on the drivers and teams, check the website)

Jordan (Confirmed)

Firman - DW (Confirmed)
Fisichella - Badgerman (Confirmed)

Renault

(No drivers confirmed yet)

B.A.R

Button - Der Nazi (Driver confirmed, team to be confirmed)
(Vacant)

Sauber

McLaren

Raikkonen - Ineedsleep (Driver confirmed, team to be confirmed)
(Vacant)

Williams

Montoya - Afrojoe (Driver confirmed, team to be confirmed)
R Schumacher - Absolut Neo (Driver confirmed, team to be confirmed)

Minardi

Verstappen - Jae (Driver confirmed, team to be confirmed)

Senna GP

Jaguar

Ferrari

Toyota (Confirmed)

Panis - Foreman - (Confirmed)
Da Matta - Grandprix - (Confirmed)

Okay, here is the complicated bit. The reserved drivers are allowed to re-enter their previous team but only have their 2 week reserve to do that. You must confirm your driver and the team that you wish to enter. It will all work itself out. Just keep an eye on it. You have until the 27th February and then the reserves are open to everyone. Here are the remaining drivers to choose from:

Frentzen - Figo (Held for 2 weeks)
De La Rosa - Virtuoso (Held for 2 weeks)
Irvine - KR (Held for 2 weeks)
Heidfeld - Shadow (Held for 2 weeks)
Trulli - Ant (Held for 2 weeks)
Alonso - Jetster (Held for 2 weeks)
Webber - Evil Dark (Held for 2 weeks)
M Schumacher - Notorious Biggles (Held for 2 weeks)
Barrichello - Unbeliever (Held for 2 weeks)

The following are free to choose from as of now:

Yoong
Salo
Bernoldi
McNish
Sato
Massa
Baumgartner
Bruni
Klien
Pantano
Villeneuve
Wilson
Pizzonia
Coulthard

Any person with a reserve driver can change immediately and free up their current reserve. I hope you are all still with me.

Remember to pick your driver and a list of teams (just incase you can't get in the team you want)

Again, any question, ask away and I hope I'll be able to answer them. Get picking now!
Tue 24/02/04 at 16:13
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Grandprix wrote:
> Virtuoso and Biggie Little have the choice to change the team name or
> keep the same name Obviously, nothing offensive is allowed.
>
> I suggest 'Scouse Scum Forever' :)

Why not use the name of another legendary F1 driver, like Clark, Ascari, Moss or Fangio?

(I left out Prost and Stewart from the list because they had their own teams in the past, which no longer exist).
Mon 23/02/04 at 16:10
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Grandprix wrote:
> Virtuoso and Biggie Little have the choice to change the team name or keep the same name Obviously, nothing offensive is allowed.

I suggest 'Scouse Scum Forever' :)
Mon 23/02/04 at 16:04
Regular
Wooooo! Yay, we're good to go :D
Mon 23/02/04 at 14:24
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Okay, the website is updated. As Shadow took his place in Sauber, Virtuoso has to go to his old team Senna G.P. Virtuoso and Biggie Little have the choice to change the team name or keep the same name. Obviously, nothing offensive is allowed.
Mon 23/02/04 at 14:19
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> The new season shall begin within the next week or so.

Sounds good, looking forward to it.
Mon 23/02/04 at 14:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Right, that's no problem.

Okay, that's all the spaces filled. I've got a bit of juggling to do on the website but it should be updated within a few minutes.

The new season shall begin within the next week or so.
Mon 23/02/04 at 14:08
Regular
Whoops sorry Sauber, please
Mon 23/02/04 at 14:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Did you want Heidfeld in Sauber or Senna G.P?
Mon 23/02/04 at 13:53
Regular
I knew it would be easy if you explained it, I will stick with Heldfeld as he did alright last time if that is okay.

Can I exchange all my loyalty points for a clock that will stop working five minutes after I receive it :)
Mon 23/02/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Okay, the team thing works like this:

If you were a previous player of the SR F1 Championship (which you are), then you can immediately take your old driver and team. However, you may not want to do that. You can take a new driver, a new team or both.

That's how it works. It's kind of like a loyalty scheme but without the 'cool' stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.