GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just lay on the floor with my arms wrapped around me..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/02/04 at 17:04
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
It was like I just collapsed but without blacking out. It happened about 5 minutes ago. Do any of you remember that post I made a wee while back asking whether or not I should go to the doctors about these pains I kept getting in my heart? Well I just had a really rapid attack or something. It felt awful, I was sitting on thwe computer chair just after putting the hot water on for the shower when it just started. I got a really irregular heart beat that either stopped or slowed my breathing for about 1 minute and a bit. I leaned forward coughing with my arms wrapped around my chest and slowly just came off the chair and lay on the floor coughing as I struggled to breath.

It was the scarriest thing that I have ever experienced and I really don't need anymore convincing. I have made a doctor's appointment for this Friday coming. My heart is still beating irregulary but not as bad and there are longer intervals between each one now. I am really quite scared. Does anyone else have a clue what it might be? I know it's a really long shot but I just want to know what's wrogn and fast even if it's just a small possibility I'd like to know. It's not as if I can do anything either way just I want to have some idea. THanks people.
Sat 14/02/04 at 22:10
Regular
Perhaps a little trip to the nurse will make you feel better?
Fri 13/02/04 at 21:45
Regular
"cachoo"
Everybody is different though with how they deal with stress, it affects others more than some.
Fri 13/02/04 at 21:17
Regular
Cub!st wrote:
> I shall take your advice into account Belldandy, I have told my
> parents and I shall go on Friday but now they know about it if it
> does turn out to be something big they know at least. I think I may
> be overworked though. I have 5 highers (5 A-Levels) to revise for in
> the next week or so, I am going to a film production group on
> saturdays, I go to a web journalism group fortnightly on Wednesdays,
> I have a job interview for Hospital Radio, I am startign the Duke Of
> Edinburhg award, helping a mate with a project he's doing and trying
> to have a social life. I think I am driving myself sick with work if
> that makes sense? Hmm I shall see what the doctor says but as the
> name of that crappy film goes, something's gotta give.

That doesn't sound like a ridiculous amount of work really. I'm studying for 5 highers, have football 3 times a week, actually have a job, a social life and am also starting the Duke Of Edinburgh award. I feel a bit overworked but don't think that would cause what happened. Chances are its a one-off thing or something that requires a tiny dose of medicine or something. Even if its something like an irregular heart beat or palpations (something like that) then it isn't really that serious. I'm sure you will be fine once it gets checked out.
Fri 13/02/04 at 20:55
Regular
"Twenty quid."
NHS Direct: 0845 46 47
Fri 13/02/04 at 20:40
Regular
Well, good luck with the docs Cubist, it always feels better after you make some progress with it, so make sure you do go in.

Other than that, well, stay calm. :D
Fri 13/02/04 at 20:30
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I shall take your advice into account Belldandy, I have told my parents and I shall go on Friday but now they know about it if it does turn out to be something big they know at least. I think I may be overworked though. I have 5 highers (5 A-Levels) to revise for in the next week or so, I am going to a film production group on saturdays, I go to a web journalism group fortnightly on Wednesdays, I have a job interview for Hospital Radio, I am startign the Duke Of Edinburhg award, helping a mate with a project he's doing and trying to have a social life. I think I am driving myself sick with work if that makes sense? Hmm I shall see what the doctor says but as the name of that crappy film goes, something's gotta give.
Fri 13/02/04 at 19:21
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Well I still say you are best ringing NHS direct, you clearly want someone to tell you, with some authority, what the problem is and I don't think you are going to get that level of reassurance here. More likely you're going to continue worrying about it every night and working yourself up - which if it just panic attacks will only make things seem worse - so try to get it seen to more quickly.

Have you told your parents? They can more than likely get you booked in the doctors earlier or take you casualty if they occur again. You might not want to feel like you're taking up the NHS's time but the fact is the system is clogged with far less deserving people - you have genuine worry and genuine symptoms of something.
Fri 13/02/04 at 19:04
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
:|...get out, get out of this thread. Heh don't mention heart attacks in this thread even in passing, you'll scare me stupid! Obviously it wasn't but I was kind of hoping someone would just say "Oh don't worry Cubist it's probably just *insert common ailment*, it'll go away in about a week, get it checked out but trsut me you'll be fine". Not Cubist you're having something similar to a heart attack but now lol. Cheers mate.
Fri 13/02/04 at 18:57
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
This isn't definitive but I think a panic attack is basically where the person gets so worried/worked up about something that it affects their breathing, gives chest pains, kind of like a heart attack, except the problem is the increased rate of breathing and not the heart. If anyone knows better then feel free to post...
Fri 13/02/04 at 18:44
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I could have gone sometime in the morning all through the week but I have school so I had to settle for one on Friday. I'll let you all know how it goes, chances are he'll just say I'm a time waster though and it happens to everyone from time to time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.