GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just lay on the floor with my arms wrapped around me..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/02/04 at 17:04
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
It was like I just collapsed but without blacking out. It happened about 5 minutes ago. Do any of you remember that post I made a wee while back asking whether or not I should go to the doctors about these pains I kept getting in my heart? Well I just had a really rapid attack or something. It felt awful, I was sitting on thwe computer chair just after putting the hot water on for the shower when it just started. I got a really irregular heart beat that either stopped or slowed my breathing for about 1 minute and a bit. I leaned forward coughing with my arms wrapped around my chest and slowly just came off the chair and lay on the floor coughing as I struggled to breath.

It was the scarriest thing that I have ever experienced and I really don't need anymore convincing. I have made a doctor's appointment for this Friday coming. My heart is still beating irregulary but not as bad and there are longer intervals between each one now. I am really quite scared. Does anyone else have a clue what it might be? I know it's a really long shot but I just want to know what's wrogn and fast even if it's just a small possibility I'd like to know. It's not as if I can do anything either way just I want to have some idea. THanks people.
Fri 13/02/04 at 17:04
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
It was like I just collapsed but without blacking out. It happened about 5 minutes ago. Do any of you remember that post I made a wee while back asking whether or not I should go to the doctors about these pains I kept getting in my heart? Well I just had a really rapid attack or something. It felt awful, I was sitting on thwe computer chair just after putting the hot water on for the shower when it just started. I got a really irregular heart beat that either stopped or slowed my breathing for about 1 minute and a bit. I leaned forward coughing with my arms wrapped around my chest and slowly just came off the chair and lay on the floor coughing as I struggled to breath.

It was the scarriest thing that I have ever experienced and I really don't need anymore convincing. I have made a doctor's appointment for this Friday coming. My heart is still beating irregulary but not as bad and there are longer intervals between each one now. I am really quite scared. Does anyone else have a clue what it might be? I know it's a really long shot but I just want to know what's wrogn and fast even if it's just a small possibility I'd like to know. It's not as if I can do anything either way just I want to have some idea. THanks people.
Fri 13/02/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Er, no offence meant bu this Cubist, but find the number for NHS Direct and ring them, might be better to speak to people who (hopefully) have medical knowledge. It could be someting as simple as stress or panic attacks but until you start talking to medical people you won't know. Give them a ring - that's what they were set up for!
Fri 13/02/04 at 17:34
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I have got a doctors appointment and I don't want to go overbored because like you said just now it might just be a panic attack or something then I'd just look really stupid sitting in a hospital taking up a bed that could be used for someone who's actually sick. Still I want to hear what you guys think of the whole thing, surely it's happened to some of you before?
Fri 13/02/04 at 17:47
Regular
"cachoo"
Good job you've already booked an appointment, Cubist. Best to be safe and sure rather than just leave it! And they won't think you're wasting space or whatever you think. Doctors *expect* you to be worried and do something.

What does a panic attack feel like, by the way, if anyone knows?
Fri 13/02/04 at 17:59
Regular
"cachoo"
And um.. relax! Go lay down for a little while or something, it might help, it might not. But just try it.
Fri 13/02/04 at 18:18
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Thanks Ms NY, I am quite worried though so I seem to justb e busying myself in homework the now. Anything to get my mind of it you know?
Fri 13/02/04 at 18:34
Regular
"cachoo"
I don't think homework is gonna help ;)
But if it takes your mind off it, anything will do!
Let us know how the doctor's appointment goes though, okies? When is it?
Fri 13/02/04 at 18:44
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I could have gone sometime in the morning all through the week but I have school so I had to settle for one on Friday. I'll let you all know how it goes, chances are he'll just say I'm a time waster though and it happens to everyone from time to time.
Fri 13/02/04 at 18:57
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
This isn't definitive but I think a panic attack is basically where the person gets so worried/worked up about something that it affects their breathing, gives chest pains, kind of like a heart attack, except the problem is the increased rate of breathing and not the heart. If anyone knows better then feel free to post...
Fri 13/02/04 at 19:04
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
:|...get out, get out of this thread. Heh don't mention heart attacks in this thread even in passing, you'll scare me stupid! Obviously it wasn't but I was kind of hoping someone would just say "Oh don't worry Cubist it's probably just *insert common ailment*, it'll go away in about a week, get it checked out but trsut me you'll be fine". Not Cubist you're having something similar to a heart attack but now lol. Cheers mate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.