GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Superbikes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/02/04 at 16:35
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
I myself am a Biker, and I was just wondering what everyone else thinks of them. I myself feel completly free and amazed everytime I go out on my bike. I have a Aprilla RS250 (one of the fastest bikes in the world). If you have never riden a geared bike, then don't even bother replying coz you don't know what it's like. Cars are crap compared to bikes
Fri 20/02/04 at 17:16
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
Yes you are much more vunverable if you get hit on a bike or you fall off, I completly except that. Fair comment, but I just see car drivers doing such dangerous things all the time. If they do these things on purpose, then at least it shows their concentrating, but the amount of people that don't even REALISE WHAT THEY have done wrong makes me sick. How stupid can some people be. What you said about scooters is very true. They tend to attract idiots who think they know it all. However, every bike driver has probably had to ride a scooter at some point. I had to because of my age at the time, but now I am allowed to ride a big bike, I look back and just think that little school boys go for scooters.
Fri 20/02/04 at 16:51
Regular
"Twenty quid."
But, it still remains that you're much more vulnerable on a bike and that's most people's complaint. As you say, Jon: a lot of car drivers are unsympathetic to bikers and don't check their blind spots as much as they should.

After being pillion many times I know only to well how often you can have near misses with absent minded car drivers. Saying that though, I've had to avoid a few people on scooters who seem to have the road sense of a house brick.
Fri 20/02/04 at 16:19
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
No, we are not forgetting perfomance cars here. You have to spend a load of money on a car to make it even worthwhile, wereas with a bike, you can pick one up for quite cheap, but the performance you actually get out of it, is much more than a car. Cars seem so slow and bulky compared to bikes. I really think you should stop saying that bikers are not paying attention to the road. I guarantee you have never even riden a motorbike before. I can also guarantee that you would love it much more if you actually did it yourself.
Thu 19/02/04 at 17:25
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think that we are forgeting performance cars here...

And all this stuff about mirrors- mirrors do serve their purpose, otherwise they wouldn't be used. It's just the fact that if some halfwitted biker tries to overtake from a stupid angle at twice the speed limit, you'll only see them too late because of the biker's negligence towards their own safety.
Thu 19/02/04 at 17:12
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
Actually accidents involving bikers and cars are nearly always the cars fault, because they are so big, they don't even bother to take notice of small things like bikes or cycle bikes. Cars change lanes without indicating, just because they checked their mirrors. SO WHAT! WHAT DOES CHECKING YOUR MIRROR DO! When your on a bike, you get trained and learn to use your head to look, not glass. Your have so many blindspots in cars! And yes of course bikes are faster.
Thu 19/02/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
You've got to realise that in a bike you have very little protection, and are in serious trouble if your brakes fail or something. In a modern Car you have airbags, seatbelts and ABS, whereas bikes have little of this sort of thing.

Plus, accidents when bikers smash into cars are usually the fault of bikers not braking properly whilst coming towards the area of a car (ie the back of the left side) which can be classed as a blind spot.

I admit, bikes can be faster than cars, and are apparently funt to drive, but they can be incredibly dangerous in the hands of someone who likes to go a bit too fast (or is pi$$ed), unlike a car.
Thu 19/02/04 at 16:55
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Bikes are far more dangerous than cars, and are far more risky due to
> the fact there is very little protection in a crash, even in a helmet
> and leathers.
>
> Plus, cars can carry more stuff and more people.

COMPLETELY INCORRECT!

Think about it. If a bike crashes, then it is nearly always the biker that gets hurt, no-one else, therefore the biker has taken his actions into his own hands. However, if you decide to go fast in a car, loose control, not only do you probably kill everything in your path (including completely innocent people) but you will no doubt survive it with not a scratch on you. Your car may be scratched.......but not you.

So there you have it, cars are selfish, because you cannot just look out for yourself.

Also, car drivers that have never been on a bike are so BLIND sometimes it is unbelievable. They just look out for cars and nothing else.
Wed 18/02/04 at 19:47
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Bikes are far more dangerous than cars, and are far more risky due to the fact there is very little protection in a crash, even in a helmet and leathers.

Plus, cars can carry more stuff and more people.
Wed 18/02/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Bikes are more dangerous to the person(s) riding them compared to passengers in a car.

Cars are more dangerous to other people simply due to the size/weight difference to a bike.

However, most bikes can travel much quicker than most cars and I have seen some *serious* damaged caused by bikes hitting cars.
Wed 18/02/04 at 18:37
Silën† Thundêr wrote:
> EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> w00t bks r p00 1111
>
> He didn't speak like that. :P

I was just trying to be cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.