GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think I'm warming up to Garth Marenghi"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/02/04 at 14:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I didn't like it at first, thought it was too similar to The Office, but the episode last night with the "eye-child" really made me laugh in a few places. The interview bits are still a bit too "Officey", but the off-the-wall Sci-Fi moments work well. The Miami-vice style doctor cracks me up everytime though - it's his voice, I just can't get over how funny it is. I think if I ever met anyone with a voice like that, I'd probably wet myself.
Wed 18/02/04 at 13:32
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
Ive think that Darkplace is quite funny but i agree with the talking heads thing, too officey. When I first saw Darkplace I really thought it was some cheesy 80's sci-fi and turned it over, then I found out it was a comedy.

Last episodes was quite funny and mildly odd - his son was a grasshopper?? (who unfortunatly jumped so high he hit a helicopters propeller)
Sat 14/02/04 at 01:40
Regular
"I couldn't figure out how the man could have possibly gotten pregnant, I guess we'll never know. And let me just repeat that; we'll never know, you won't find out at the end or anything."

"I think it's disgusting that we had to pixelate an erection"
Fri 13/02/04 at 18:04
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It's alright, but I agree with reviews that say it isn't as funny as it thinks it is. And some of the interview bits are way to Office-like.

It's not bad, but I don't like it as much as everyone else seems to. The perma-tanned doctor's voice is funny, but it's a one time laugh. It's not even funny by the end of the episode, let alone the series.

Having said that, there were some bits that made me laugh. Like reading his own book, and his thoughts on it.
Fri 13/02/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I caught the last ten minutes, from when the eye child thing bit his fingers.

From there I thought it was absolute balls, but I suppose I'll have to see a full episode to pass judgement.
Fri 13/02/04 at 16:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Do that impression again, it was excellent!
Fri 13/02/04 at 16:24
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I totally agree - the talking head bits seem really out of place, but the rest is brilliant. They should have just made complete episodes. Some of the jokes are sitll a bit laboured and they take what were funny jokes too far. One of my favourites from last night's episode:

"How's your head?"
"It'll live."

And I like the way they put loads of scenes in slow-motion (because the episodes kept running 8 minutes short, so they had time to fill). It's getting better. And that bloke's voice is fantastic.

"Nnnnyes. Lllets go to Nbeee Nwinggg."
Fri 13/02/04 at 16:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I like the way he just pulls that shotgun out of nowhere. Class.
Fri 13/02/04 at 16:07
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I'm finding this series hilarious and was particulalrly amused by the antics in the first episode; the "boss using his shotgun in the graveyard bits" made me howl like a donkey caught in a bear trap.
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:10
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I know, the funniest bit last night was just when he (Dr. Lucien Sanchez aka 'Sanch') said "B Wiiiinnng". I nearly peed meself! His kung-fu moves were also class, as was the tremendous acting he showed during the tender moments with Dagless at the end.
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I didn't like it at first, thought it was too similar to The Office, but the episode last night with the "eye-child" really made me laugh in a few places. The interview bits are still a bit too "Officey", but the off-the-wall Sci-Fi moments work well. The Miami-vice style doctor cracks me up everytime though - it's his voice, I just can't get over how funny it is. I think if I ever met anyone with a voice like that, I'd probably wet myself.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.