GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Finally started my DVD Collection properly"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/02/04 at 13:50
Regular
"8==="
Up until today I had:

M:I2
Face/Off
Blackadder
Halloween 20 years
Star Trek series 4
Family guy 1+2
Meet the Feebles
Red Dwarf series 1
Transformers series dvd
Transformers the movie
Ultimate fights from the movies
Spaceballs

But now I also have:

Charlies Angels
Resident Evil
Jeepers Creepers
Titan A.E.
Miike Takashi's Dead or Alive
The X files series 1
Pitch Black
My little eye
Changing lanes
Phone booth
Star Trek nemesis
Fellowship of the ring (extended)
The Two Towers (extended)
Trilogy of the dead

and all for just under 130 quid. Not bad eh?
Sat 14/02/04 at 16:18
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> I too have stopped buying all but the most essential new releases and
> instead wait for them to be discounted now.
>
> My Robotech 14 DVD set came from the US this morning, that's 34 HOURS
> of Anime.

Now that's a lot. Did you get hit by customs? Do you think you could handle a Robotech marathon? I remember when I bought 10 Vol. 1 animes, "I felt like a kid in some kind of a store" ^^

Oh and I don't really like Titan AE.

Does anyone have any of the Red Dwarf series on DVD? Are the extras like the commentaries any good?
Sat 14/02/04 at 16:40
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
No, Customs did not charge me anything. The seller was "helpful", ahem...

I've watched the first disc and it's pretty excellent, I don't know why some people complain about it because, by and large, this is not all that different from the standalon Macross series except it's US voice actors and not the Japanese ones.

All the discs came sealed andin the box sets and they are genuine Region 1 ADV ones, not Hong Kong ones. At the price I paid (just short of £50 including shipping) I'm thinking this is the best eBay buy I have had in a while.
Sat 14/02/04 at 18:39
Regular
"8==="
Icarus wrote:
> Is Titan AE any good? What's it about?

I saw it at the cinema, it's animation on a strange level. It's by the guy who made the Dragon's Lair and SpacevAce games.

Erm it's set in the future and it's about the human race finding a new planet to live on. It's full of action and it's cleverly written.

I saw it when I worked at my local cinema, most people were going to see some crap movie (I think it was stuart little 1 or 2) and there was this excellent movie going to waste due to the general publics insistance on drooling over utter crap.

It's up there with Transformers the Movie as far as I'm concerned, a really REALLY good animated movie.
Sat 14/02/04 at 18:44
Regular
Dragons Lair and Space Ace.

Man those games were crap, you'd sit there, watch about a minute of cartoon action, then you'd have a split second window to press the joystick in a given direction, and if you didn't - DEATH.

I think I played them once or twice (they were about 7 disks on the amiga) before the urge to kill something began to take over and they had to go off.
Sat 14/02/04 at 18:58
Regular
"8==="
I have them on the CDi and they do suck.

The film by the same guy is much much better though.
Sat 14/02/04 at 22:58
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
sum41fan wrote:
> i download all mine, and burn them to dvd-r. its cheap and it works
> well, they are all dvd quality cos i download dvd-rips

So you download the 4.7Gb versions or the 700-1400mb AVI or maybe even the SVCD. If its not the first one then no there not DVD quality. There source maybe DVD but with encoding etc the picture isnt as good as the proper DVD. Only way to get true DVD is to get the proper downloaded
DVD-R which is normally a good 4Gb.
Sun 15/02/04 at 12:54
Regular
Or buy the DVD you damn dirty pikeys.
Sun 15/02/04 at 15:15
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
My DVD Collection:

Phonebooth
Solaris
Bowling For Columbine
Indiana Jones 4 Disc Box Set
Resident Evil
The Matrix Reloaded 2 Disc Set
The Ring
The Matrix
The X-Files Series 7 6 Disc Box Set
Donnie Darko
The Blair Witch Project
Jeepers Creepers
xXx
The Lord Of The Rings The Two Towers
Final Destination 1 & 2 Box Set
The Fifth Element
Charlies Angel's Full Throttle
DareDevil 2 Disc Set
Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 Disc Set
Gorillas In The Mist
Gladiator 2 Disc Set
The Lord Of The Rings The Fellowship Of The Ring 4 Disc Box Set
X-Men 1.5 2 Disc Set
The Fast And The Furious
The Scorpion King
Deep Blue Sea
Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets 2 Disc Set
Ice Age
Cats And Dogs
The Simpsons Tree House Of Horror DVD
Friends Series 6 Episodes 9-16
Friends Series 8 Episodes 5-8
Mortal Kombat Konquest Episodes 1-12
Ray Mears' Extreme Survival Series 3

I am waiting for Cabin Fever to come out to add that to my collection. This is not including my wee brothers smaller collection though which consists of a few dvds that I wanted like X-Men 2 2 Disc set but since he got them I don't need them.
Sun 15/02/04 at 15:17
I just rent most of my DVDs now, only buy the ones I really feel I can watch again and again. I'm fairly broke you see.
Sun 15/02/04 at 15:37
Regular
Cubist why the hell did you buy crap like xXx and Fast and the Furious? Not to mention Jeepers Creepers and Charlies Angels: Full Throttle...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.