GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"As Goaty would say "I've just done a wee""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/02/04 at 14:07
"Darth Vader 3442321"
From Starwars.com

The most requested films for the DVD format will finally become a reality this September as Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox present the eagerly-awaited Star Wars Trilogy for the ultimate home entertainment format. The four-disc collection will be released on September 21 in the U.S. and Canada, with international release dates following closely.

"We know how long fans have waited for this release and how much they have been looking forward to it, so everyone has been working overtime to make sure that the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD is an awesome experience," said Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing and Distribution for Lucasfilm Ltd. and the DVD collection's Executive Producer.

Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi will be available in a four-disc set that includes a bonus disc filled with all-new special features -- including the most comprehensive feature-length documentary ever produced about the Star Wars saga and never-before-seen footage from the making of all three films. Each of the three films in the Star Wars Trilogy has been digitally restored and re-mastered by THX for superior sound and picture quality.

"First and foremost, the DVDs will deliver the very best possible sound and picture and take advantage of everything the medium can offer. On top of that, we are creating added-value material that gets inside the creation of the Star Wars films in a fresh and fun way," Ward said. "We want watching this DVD collection to be as memorable as seeing the movies for the first time."

The films of the Star Wars Trilogy will be available exclusively as a collection and will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX. All three films are closed-captioned and subtitled in English, French and Spanish in the U.S. Internationally, sound and subtitling specifications will vary by territory

In fact I've just dumped in me pants.
Wed 11/02/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Teal'c"
People that can’t act shouldn’t be in films.
Wed 11/02/04 at 19:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Dr. J Nash wrote:
> monkey_man wrote:
> And will it have a button that restores Han Solo to his roguish
> bestness? Shooting first? *tuts*
>
> Hmm?

Please God, don't tell me that you haven't seen the original, ORIGINAL Star Wars, before Lucas mangled them into Muppets In Space!?!!?

Originally, Han shot the alien in the bar without any provocation - he was just a badass mofo space pirate, and wanted to fly his spaceship whilst giving ol' Dark Helmet the finger. In a minor lack in Lucas's judgement, which has been going on since about 1995, the newer cinema and video released versions had a scene put in where the alien shoots first, meaning Solo is defending himself - forever tarnishing his rep as the most hardest and roguish space pirate to give Vader the finger since Bill Pullman!

You children (I assume you're a child, or you'd know what I meant)...you know nothing of what it was like!
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:00
Regular
I remember it - Han pulled out his 9 and busted a cap
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:02
Regular
"Teal'c"
monkey_man wrote:
> You children (I assume you're a child, or you'd know what I
> meant)...you know nothing of what it was like!

I believe childish is probably the correct word. But no, I’ve seen the originals plenty of times; I just never knew Lucas could be so weepingly idiotic. Apart from making the character “I will sign no treaty senator, MEUURGGHH, I will sign no treaty” Amidala.

You adults.
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> something

Look, I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Big time. I even have an original Rancor (even if it is a bit natty)! I find it difficult to believe that there are people out there that don't like the original trilogy. Which is why I attended one of the 00:05am showings when Attack of The Clowns came out. I was stoked, the cinema was full of SW geeks, and it was a really good atmosphere - until the film started. It was terrible. I just shook my head thinking about it. So many dissappointed faces, so many shattered nerds - why did Lucas do this to them? There were even a few points in the movie where the audience laughed in disbelief at how bad it was. You know the bits, where C3P0 and R2D2 camp it up in the smelting plant, and Padme delivers some of the worst acting in any film, of all time, ever.

Nasty, nasty films. Bad films, back in your box!
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:14
Regular
Right,

Episode 1 was terrible in many ways - the annoying little brat, Jar Jar Binks, cheesiness all over the show. But in many others it was ok - the POD race was very well done, the final battle with Darth Maul, parts of the droid battle.

Episode 2 also featured a lot of cheesiness - the retch inducing love story element, Jar Jar Binks again, the camp as a row of pink tents C3P0 and R2 scenes. But there was plenty of good stuff in here, such as the speeder chase, the fight scenes with Jango Fett, both on Kameno(sp) and in the asteroid field, the HUGE battle at the end, and even the final duel. It was far closer to the original trilogy than in the first episode. Fair enough, you can say it didn't touch the original films, but this is no way a bad film by any stretch of the imagination.
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:26
Regular
I'm glad to see the original trilogy on DVD. Infact I didn't realise they werent out already. What was the reason for wanting to release them after the 3rd episode? I would have thought you would make more money releasing them before the 2nd trilogy, that way with each episode people get interested in the original series.

One thing that really bugs me about the new trilogy is the merchandise. The sheer volume of it.

Why in a galaxy far, far away do they have an American 50s style diner.
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:30
Regular
Innn the blue corner..he's furry, he eats his own poo...its mmooooooonnnnnnnkkkkeeeeeyyyyyy_maaaaaaaaan!

"Ook ook"

And in the red corner....From Russia with Love....ßorrrrrrrrrrra†tttt SagdiyyyyyyyyyyyeVvvvv

"I AM INVICIBLE!!"

Leeeeeeeettttttttsssss get reaaaaaadddyyy toooo rummmmmmmmmble!
Wed 11/02/04 at 21:19
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Episode 1 and 2 were worse for fans of the trilogy. As normal films they sucked, but for fans it was like Lucas had kicked you in the groin...they stank are are pretty much beyond any logical defence.

Afraid of the films not reaching a mass audience, Lucas chose to Disneyfy the licence safe in the knowledge that it would be a cinema hit even if the film consisted of cardboard characters with japanese voice dubbing.
Wed 11/02/04 at 21:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Sorry. Borat forgot to mention Episode 2's best feature.

Tight white skinsuit and nipples.

But the trilogy utterly rules.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.