GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"As Goaty would say "I've just done a wee""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/02/04 at 14:07
"Darth Vader 3442321"
From Starwars.com

The most requested films for the DVD format will finally become a reality this September as Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox present the eagerly-awaited Star Wars Trilogy for the ultimate home entertainment format. The four-disc collection will be released on September 21 in the U.S. and Canada, with international release dates following closely.

"We know how long fans have waited for this release and how much they have been looking forward to it, so everyone has been working overtime to make sure that the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD is an awesome experience," said Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing and Distribution for Lucasfilm Ltd. and the DVD collection's Executive Producer.

Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi will be available in a four-disc set that includes a bonus disc filled with all-new special features -- including the most comprehensive feature-length documentary ever produced about the Star Wars saga and never-before-seen footage from the making of all three films. Each of the three films in the Star Wars Trilogy has been digitally restored and re-mastered by THX for superior sound and picture quality.

"First and foremost, the DVDs will deliver the very best possible sound and picture and take advantage of everything the medium can offer. On top of that, we are creating added-value material that gets inside the creation of the Star Wars films in a fresh and fun way," Ward said. "We want watching this DVD collection to be as memorable as seeing the movies for the first time."

The films of the Star Wars Trilogy will be available exclusively as a collection and will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX. All three films are closed-captioned and subtitled in English, French and Spanish in the U.S. Internationally, sound and subtitling specifications will vary by territory

In fact I've just dumped in me pants.
Wed 18/02/04 at 18:41
"Mimmargh!"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Oh come on, he looked and sounded almost identical to the original
> emperor. I've always been impressed with how they found an actor so
> much like the original one.

They are the same actor. Only in Episode 1 the wrinkles are real.
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:52
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Goatboy wrote:
> Why? I'll explain why, but I need a fag

My Canadian mate would laugh to read that bit!
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The versions being released are the Special Editions, with Solo shooting 2nd etc etc. Better than nothing but still not the same, however I have the original trilogy on VHS transfered onto DVD, so I'm happy enough.
Of course I'll buy this box set and Lucas knows fans will, that's what annoys me. And there'll be another "Ultimate Box Set" a couple of years later, and a couple of years after that again.
Because Star Wars is all Lucas has outside of ILM, it's his cash-cow.

I love the original trilogy and really, really didn't enjoy Episodes 1 & 2.
Why? I'll explain why, but I need a fag and I'll start another thread, because it'll be a long post and I don't want to hijack Saggy's.
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:18
Regular
Oh come on, he looked and sounded almost identical to the original emperor. I've always been impressed with how they found an actor so much like the original one.

Plus my many years of being a geek and playing Star Wars games meant I knew that the emperors name was palpatine already and therefore clocked it immediately.

I just can't wait for the third. I know a lot of the plot, I won't give any away, but there are the obvious bits that I am seriously looking forward to :

Anakin turning evil, Obi Wan duelling with him and almost killing him
Death of many of the Jedi, including Mace Windu
More duelling, and the death of Count Dooku

The third episode is supposed to be the 'empire strikes back' of the prequels. A very dark atmosphere, it is the transitional period between the republic falling and the empire being born. Should be lots of good stuff in there, and as it's the last one Georgey boy intends to make, he's bound to pull out all the stops.
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:13
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Episode 1 is better than most people give it credit for, but there was
> just too much plot, if you know what I mean. How many 10 year olds
> left the cinema thinking "Wow, Darth Sideous is Senator
> Palpatine! He started the war so he could get power of the
> senate!"
>
> Heck, even I didn't fully understand it the first time I saw it. I
> knew Palpatine was the Emporer (because of his name) and that he was
> Sideous, but I had to think about what I'd just seen.

Yeah, I always thought that element was rather good.
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:04
Regular
"That's right!"
Episode 1 is better than most people give it credit for, but there was just too much plot, if you know what I mean. How many 10 year olds left the cinema thinking "Wow, Darth Sideous is Senator Palpatine! He started the war so he could get power of the senate!"

Heck, even I didn't fully understand it the first time I saw it. I knew Palpatine was the Emporer (because of his name) and that he was Sideous, but I had to think about what I'd just seen.

Ep 2 assumes you understood everything in the first one. Anakin was crap, the Yoda fight was laughable, but apart from that it was decent. Too bad the huge final battle was terrible. Sure, it had loads of people, but it had no story. It was just clones killing robots. No suspense, no excitement, just shot after shot after shot of things blowing up.
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:03
Regular
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> So what, it's supposed to
> be entertainment, treat it as such.

I think that's what a lot of people forget these days when watching films. They'd rather analyse films and find problems wih them, instead of actually sitting back and enjoying them.

Though I have to admit I thought Ep1 and 2 were over long and boring. Though I'd probably say the same for New Hope as well, not the biggest Star Wars fan though.
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Padme > all other sci-fi women ever.

She is so fine. I agree Ant.

'Ooo, we cannae fall in love, but i'll wear provocative backless dresses and revealing clothes anyway'

She's toying with me!
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
Episode 1 was fantastic, although I'll admit Anakin was a little annoying. When I got it on video I must've watched it about 15 times, and then I got the DVD and did the same. {:)

Episode 2 is the WORST of them all, I'd been really looking forward to it after Menace, but this was enough to have sent me to sleep. The enemies were useless, the fight between Yoda and whats-his-face was laughable, and watching Anakin and Padme together made me want to throw up.

If she didn't want to love Anakin and didn't want him to love her, why did she make herself look so goddamn sexy all the time?

"Ooooooh Anakin we're not allowed to fall in love with each-other...but ahhh no look at that my top has fallen off."
Wed 11/02/04 at 21:59
Regular
I guess when you're dealing with prequels and sequels it's inevitable that you compare them. I can't remember the end battle much, this thread has made me want to watch the movie again so I will do after I post this. Perhaps it was just too much cg for me, I dunno I'll have to watch it again before I say anything.

Just to reiterate, this trilogy is very good, but I'm a little disappointed here and there but glad to see it being made either way so I'm happy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.