GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2 new MGS2 funny details"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/03/01 at 16:32
Regular
Hi,
Here's two secret details in MGS2 that I just found....

1. Get into a locker with a poster on the door.
Crouch down in the locker and use the R1/2 button to "look". You'll hear Snake kiss the poster !!!!

2. When on the radio you can move the heads around with both analogue sticks !!

Now... a question.... there is no doubt that MGS2 is great. But does anyone know what else is going to be in the game ? Is the whole game on the boat, or will there be multiple locations ????
Sat 28/04/01 at 17:52
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Go to dailyradar and check out the movies for Devil May Cry. This game looks to be a big hit, its made by Capcom and is a RE type game. The overall look of DMC looks stunning, everything looks 3D like RE:CV but better. The Dino Crisis method of walking a fireing is also there.
Sat 28/04/01 at 12:17
Regular
I`ve never had an RE game, but I am seriously condsidering Devil May Cry.
Thu 26/04/01 at 22:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I knew they had the special edition which I thought include PS2 version on Code Verionca, PS1 version of 1,2 and 3 and of course the DVD. But why did a DC mag write about it and it didnt even say it was PS2.

From what I know the DC has only got RE2,3 and CV. Iam very sure that RE1 is not out at all for DC well not over here.

The N64 has RE2 but no other. They did have Resident Evil Zero being made which had Rebbecca in it I think and a new bloke but this got cancelled for the N64 and was being developed for the next Nintendo console which is now the Gamecube. Iam pretty sure about all the information I have posted but I might be wrong.
Thu 26/04/01 at 17:18
"High polygon count"
Some of the earlier RE games have been converted to the DC, and the N64 (I think) has one called "Resident Evil Zero".

There is a promotional item out in Japan which consists of a metal briefcase containing all of the Biohazard (Resident Evil) games and the DVD that you mention, along with other limited-edition promotional material. The equivalent UK price is something like £185 I think; I would love to get hold of one!
Thu 26/04/01 at 16:23
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I also a fan of the survival horror game. I am getting RE:CV for the PS2 even though I have it on the DC. I think that the Resident Evil series is my favourite series ever apart from Resident Evil Survivor which isnt really the same as the others. I also like Silent Hill.
PS2 is getting a lot of Survival horror games, Silent Hill 2, Extermination, Onimushu, Devil May Cry, RE:CV. I really hope they are developing RE4.
Also while iam on this point I was looking through a DC magazine and it had a little paragraph of how in Japan they sell all RE1,2,3,and CV and a Wesker special DVD case report thing. But why have it on in a DC magazine as I thought it was for the PS2 only, As RE1 is only avaiable on the PS1.
Thu 26/04/01 at 15:48
Wouldn't a free pair of boxers/pants be a good marketing idea?

(devo waits for someone to say that it's already been done....)
Thu 26/04/01 at 15:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And Silent Hill 2.

The Don of scary games.
I played that with my mate, we're both 27-28 and there were sweaty palms, jumps and spilling of tea and dropping of ciggies at certain moments.

The nurses in that godawful hospital, the thumping walls...terror on a CD.
And the PS2 version looks like something you narrowly escaped when you woke up.

I cant wait to get my hands on this baby, although I'm nervous about it already.

Thinking about it, this is a good subject for a FOG post considering the thing about influence of games on murderous kids.

Later

Goaty
Thu 26/04/01 at 15:25
"High polygon count"
For me it's not a case of who beats who in the console stakes, it's who gives me what I want. So far, that's Sony and the PS2.

I love Survival Horror - it's my favourite genre - and you just don't get as many of them on other formats.

Roll on Onimusha, Devil may Cry and RE:CV!
Thu 26/04/01 at 15:19
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I hope they release MGS2 on the gamecube, I am not a big fan of Playstation, they don't seem to be as customer driven as Nintendo and Sega. I suppose I like Nintendo because having a younger brother and a younger sister I don't want them playing violent games. I don't missout because I have games like Perfect Dark but I wouldn't go anywhere near a survival horror game....Ulgh!

I think the PS2 is quite a good machine but do you really think it will 'beat' the Gamecube?

I don't think so, I think that MGS2 sales will outweigh Gamecube Release Titles as Zelda 2 did any PS2 release titles but I don't think that in the long run the PS2 will be as easy to develope for....It takes the PS2 Dev Kit 8 times as long to sort out lighting mapping etc than it does the Gamecube...

...No doubt the PS2 will show some impressive titles but I think that The Gamecube will see more, and with Rare, Nintendo can't really go wrong....:D

The Game
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:19
Regular
I prefer TTT. Whilst DOA2 has better arenas, and a good counter system, it doesn`t allow the artful mastery of Tekken.

With DOA2, once 2 players know how to counter the game could go either way depending on who gets lucky with their timing. It becomes a bit of a button basher even when you have mastered the countering. TTT however allows artful movements allowing a 100% victory rate against most players. Its not the winning that counts (it can almost be boring), but there is nothing better than getting continuous perfects using Yoshimitsu!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.