GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2 new MGS2 funny details"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/03/01 at 16:32
Regular
Hi,
Here's two secret details in MGS2 that I just found....

1. Get into a locker with a poster on the door.
Crouch down in the locker and use the R1/2 button to "look". You'll hear Snake kiss the poster !!!!

2. When on the radio you can move the heads around with both analogue sticks !!

Now... a question.... there is no doubt that MGS2 is great. But does anyone know what else is going to be in the game ? Is the whole game on the boat, or will there be multiple locations ????
Fri 30/03/01 at 16:32
Hi,
Here's two secret details in MGS2 that I just found....

1. Get into a locker with a poster on the door.
Crouch down in the locker and use the R1/2 button to "look". You'll hear Snake kiss the poster !!!!

2. When on the radio you can move the heads around with both analogue sticks !!

Now... a question.... there is no doubt that MGS2 is great. But does anyone know what else is going to be in the game ? Is the whole game on the boat, or will there be multiple locations ????
Fri 30/03/01 at 18:02
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think the boat bit is only the beginning. Apparantly later in the game its based around New York city!! As yet I dont think any screenshots have been shown though!!
Fri 30/03/01 at 18:33
"High polygon count"
True - no-one really knows much about anything except the boat; Konami are keeping the plot as secret as they can.

Truth is, so many people are gagging for this game that they don't really need to publicise the plot much at all.

Judging by the number of sealed doors in the demo, there'll be a heck of a lot more of the boat to explore in the final version, too!
Sun 01/04/01 at 12:01
Regular
MGS2 is gonna sell out first day of release I bet. Do you think its going to beat the sales of Tekken Tag considering almost all Ps2 owners in the world own a copy in fact I don't think that video libraries should even be renting them out. I'm talking about us in the UK.
Mon 02/04/01 at 15:33
144 wrote:
> MGS2 is gonna sell out first day of release I bet. Do you think its
> going to beat the sales of Tekken Tag considering almost all Ps2
> owners in the world own a copy in fact I don't think that video
> libraries should even be renting them out. I'm talking about us in
> the UK.

AAH! Your wrong! I dont own TTT! I chose DOA2:Hardcore ,(And still stick by it)
Mon 02/04/01 at 15:52
"High polygon count"
> AAH! Your wrong! I dont own TTT! I chose DOA2:Hardcore
> ,(And still stick by it)

What is 144 wrong about? He hasn't mentioned anything about Tekken Tag being better than DoA2 - he just said that most PS2 owners have Tekken Tag - and that is a fact.

I have both games, and I prefer DoA2 to TTT - but your comment is simply irrelevant!
Fri 20/04/01 at 12:27
Some other stuff (apologies if these have come up before....)

On the menu screen, you can pan around the bridge using the right stick.

You can blow up all the bottles in the bar with a stun grenade. If you come back later, the bar has been mysteriously restocked. I wants me one of those! :-)
Fri 20/04/01 at 20:35
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I can see MGS2 selling out on the first day - gonna definatly reserve a copy ;-)

As for TTT and DOA2, i think they're good in different ways. I think TTT has more longevity cause theres more to earn. And what is about DOA endings ??? Or lack of should i say. The endings are so brief that they explain aboslutely nothing. Great game, shame theres not a good amount of things to earn and decent endings.

Sat 21/04/01 at 14:47
In the full game of metsl gear solid 2 the following characters are in it:
Metal Gear Ray
Solid Snake
Revolver Ocelot
A russian terroist Olga Gurlukovich
Raiden(maybe a sniper)
Fortune(maybe the short-haired female that snake battles in the original film shown at the E3 show a while back)
Solidus Snake-He's the guy that Ocelot phones at the end(the President!?!?!?!?!)

I hope that keeps your salavating untill the release of MGS2:SOL.

I have TTT but DOA2 is more realistic.
I prefer TTT
Sat 21/04/01 at 21:52
Surely the short haired female is OLGA. Have you not played the demo?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.