GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does Fifa 2004 live up to your expectations?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/02/04 at 17:30
Regular
"Back Down"
In my opinion, fifa 2004 is great with all division 1,2,3 teams, but the people look nothing like they do in real life. The graphics need to be sharper.
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:38
Regular
"es argh"
Ashley, you're an absolute idiot.
Tue 10/02/04 at 19:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ashley wrote:
> 2.The play is not at all smooth, and the ball movement is horrendous,
> try taking a shot from 30 yards and watching the ball, it looks
> extremely strange and makes all balls of over 10 meters look severely
> strange, th ball just drifts, it is unbelievably annoying.

It's not smooth unless you make it. I can easily make a number of fluent moves first time passes and excellent accuracy on all my long balls/shots. I hardly ever sky shots either - I've learned that this game is as realsitic as it gets, and you can't just hammer the ball from anywhere - you have to set up and take aim. It's the skill of player as well as the game. And I really don't have a clue about what you're trying to get at when saying the ball drifts. The ball drifts if you make it drift. It's your doing, not the game's.

> 3.All the camera angles are thoroughly useless

Which automatically renders FIFA's useless as well, then...

> 4.To call the free kick system crap would be a compliment

Basically, you're rubbish at free kicks in the game then. Unlike FIFA, you have to apply swerve and dip manually, as well as get the power and height correct originally - this uses skill. In FIFA, it's just luck. Complete luck. I've been involved many a time when the free kick bar has been pressed well out of the green zone, and they still go in. And then when you get a perfect green, it can easily go over. Hardly rewarding skill, there. And in FIFA they ALWAYS hit the ball with the same power. 40 yards or 18? Doesn't matter. Smash it anyway. Unreal.

> 5.Big ron could commentate better, no i retract my statement, Stephen
> Hawkins could commentate better than the commentary on PES 1,2,3.

It's not THAT bad. PES3, although I'll admit doesn't match up to FIFA in the commentary area, but it's a vast improvement on PES and PES2.

> 7.The game setup/option menus are unfriendly and quite frankly lazy.

WTF? It does what it needs to do, and if you can't appreciate that, then I doubt you'll ever be happy. First and foremost, it's a football game, so menus hardly need to be priority, and unless you've bought the game with all menus in Swahili, I see no reason for you to call it unfriendly anyway.

To me, it seems like you've just listed a bunch of flaws that really, aren't flaws. Maybe if you had backed up your points, things might have been clearer. Other than your point made about the keepers being bad (because let's just say they're not the best), and the point about licensing, which really doesn't matter anyway, reasons suggested were pretty guff.
Mon 09/02/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Did Fifa 2004 live up to my expectations? Yes it did, i thought it was going to be crap and it didn't disappoint. Fifa 99 was the last good one in my opinion.

Give me Pro Evo 3 any day over it.
Mon 09/02/04 at 07:04
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
AfroJoe wrote:
> PES3.
>
> You foolish, foolish specimens.

lol ;)
Sun 08/02/04 at 18:27
Regular
Ah, but the banner

http://217.158.120.77/banners/proevosoccer3.jpg
Sun 08/02/04 at 15:52
Regular
right as i can't be bothered i will outline a few major pro evo flaws.

1.The goalkeepers all graduated from the massimo taibi school of goalkeeping

2.The play is not at all smooth, and the ball movement is horrendous, try taking a shot from 30 yards and watching the ball, it looks extremely strange and makes all balls of over 10 meters look severely strange, th ball just drifts, it is unbelievably annoying.

3.All the camera angles are thourougly useless

4.To call the free kick system crap would be a compliment

5.Big ron could commentate better, no i retract my statement, Stephen Hawkins could commentate better than the commentary on PES 1,2,3.

6. The Whole liscensing issue is an over played issue in most of these arguments as it doesn't matter that much, but using real players is a nice plus of fifa.

7.The game setup/option menus are unfriendly and quite frankly lazy.

I will finish this later:

It seems to me that brand loyalty is the factor here really. People got use to proevo when fifa was still stuck in the quagmire (i played a lot of pro evo), yet failed as a result to give 2003, and now the more superior 2004 a chance to shine as a result and are missing out on better games.
Sun 08/02/04 at 15:17
Regular
Bloody hell ashley, never knew you were on the fifa side.

Pro evo 3 with the latest patch (the flags are near perfect) is untouchable.
Sun 08/02/04 at 15:14
"Sony/PS2/Best"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Leeds_United_4ever wrote:
> Fifa 2004 isn't that great. PES3 is worse.
>
> Yeah, but...
>
> No.

Er....yeah
Sun 08/02/04 at 12:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Leeds_United_4ever wrote:
> Fifa 2004 isn't that great. PES3 is worse.

Yeah, but...

No.
Sun 08/02/04 at 12:25
Regular
"es argh"
"For" isn't spelt "4" and theres meant to be a space between words.

Nice to teach the stupid

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.