GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sub-domain MySQL"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/09/09 at 16:59
Regular
Hi,

What would be the process for enabling MySQL on a VIP+ sub-domain?

Neil
Wed 16/09/09 at 12:12
Regular
I think you could be right.

@Eccles - Helllllp

N.
Wed 16/09/09 at 12:09
"Are you sure?"
I'm using .htaccess to successfully 301 direct.
But I'm not using it on a sub-domain like you are (I think) perhaps that's where the issue is?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/09/09 at 12:07
Regular
the only thing I'm installing on the entire webspace is a .htaccess which contains a '301 Redirect'.

N.
Wed 16/09/09 at 12:01
"Are you sure?"
Neilj99 wrote:
> Has .htaccess now been disabled on the 'free' space, or is there
> a fault somewhere along the line?
>
> As soon as I hit f5 in filezilla, the file deletes in the sr
> space, but it doesn't in my VIP space.

You got me worried for a minute there!

I use .htaccess on my 'standard' hosted sites - all seems to be working normally for me.

Are you installing a script or application that could be clearing out the file?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/09/09 at 11:57
Regular
Has .htaccess now been disabled on the 'free' space, or is there a fault somewhere along the line?

As soon as I hit f5 in filezilla, the file deletes in the sr space, but it doesn't in my VIP space.

N.
Wed 16/09/09 at 01:09
Regular
...and now the replacement index.html is being ignored.

EDIT: This now works but the htaccess is still being auto deleted. It would be wayyyy preferable to use .htaccess redirect as opposed to the slower deprecated meta redirect.
Tue 15/09/09 at 23:07
Regular
well it did...

The htaccess file is being auto deleted. Why?

N
Tue 15/09/09 at 20:18
Regular
OK problem solved.

I use a .htaccess redirect to the VIP site /subdirectory.

Works like a dream.

N.
Tue 15/09/09 at 19:13
Regular
Hmmm...

Didn't work.

I created a new database in my VIP account, ftp'd my new subdomain 'sr' webspace, and when I tried to install Joomla it said couldn't connect to MySQL.

N.
Tue 15/09/09 at 18:09
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You already have MySQL enabled for your VIP+ account so all you need to do is go to the VIP MySQL settings page, which can be accessed from your VIP+ setting in your MyFreeola account. You can then setup as many MySQL databases and users as you wish, which you can then use with any address associated to your VIP+ account. It's done on a per account basis and not pre address.
VIP MySQL can only be used on the VIP servers (it's run locally to the VIP account), there is no remote access like our other MySQL service.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.