GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sub-domain MySQL"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/09/09 at 16:59
Regular
Hi,

What would be the process for enabling MySQL on a VIP+ sub-domain?

Neil
Wed 16/09/09 at 17:30
Regular
My version 8 pro of CuteFTP shows the .htaccess on the vinyl sd with -la set.

(BTW thanks for your help today)

N.
Wed 16/09/09 at 17:20
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
That's the problem then! Not sure why but hopefully FileZilla will fix it in a future release.
Wed 16/09/09 at 17:12
Regular
@Eccles

What build of Filezilla are you using?

N.

EDIT: Read your post AFTER posting this... will get back to you...

RE-EDIT: Yups, I run the same build.
Wed 16/09/09 at 17:12
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Are you running the latest version of FileZilla (3.2.7.1)? I wasn't until just now and now I can't see the .htaccess file on your vinyl account even if I force hidden files to be on. So it seems like an incompatibility between the latest FileZilla for Windows and the FTP server software that is running on the free hosting servers.
The VIP servers run the most up to date FTP server software and on a different OS so that's probably why it still works there.
Wed 16/09/09 at 16:55
Regular
I've just uninstalled/reinstalled filezilla too - same thing.

EDIT: I just renamed the index to retest. It does indeed work (never doubted you - never would).

This is very odd why it appears on one space but not another.

N.
Wed 16/09/09 at 16:40
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
This shows fine in my FileZilla, which suggests it's something to do with your version and as the re-direct rule is working when I visit the subdomain then the server must be using the .htaccess file correctly.
Wed 16/09/09 at 16:17
Regular
This was my theory, which is why I tested (refreshed) on my VIP account. On the VIP account, the .htaccess was still there after a refresh - which is what confused me.

The 'force show' flag is set.

I just tried again, and all I see in the vinyl sd is the index.html. Again, in the VIP account, the .htaccess shows.

The .htaccess is:

Redirect 301 / http://www..com/beta/vs
Wed 16/09/09 at 15:45
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Do you have the 'Force showing hidden files' option checked under the server menu in FileZilla? Works for me on both the webspaces you mentioned although you'll need to re-upload your.htaccess files as I might have overwritten them (sorry!).
If you're uploading a .htaccess file and the rules in it appear not to work then could you post the contents of the file here perhaps?

The servers are working correctly and the .htaccess file are not being deleted, it just by default Filezilla doesn't show them after refreshing.
Wed 16/09/09 at 14:12
Regular
It applies so far to vinyl and wds. I haven't tried the others yet, but I suspect the same.

N.
Wed 16/09/09 at 13:43
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You'll have to let me know what subdomain is the problem first! You have a few.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.