GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"organ donating"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/02/04 at 20:01
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
saw soming in another forum about george best, and his transplants, well as far as i am concerned he didn't deserve new organs, people die cos of not getting them, and he just gets a new 1 and kills it with drinking.

and another thing, donor cards, you ought to have a card if you DON@T want to donate, it would mean for thousands more donors
Fri 06/02/04 at 19:58
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Cub!st wrote:
> I would never ask someone to have their body mutilated after death
> even to save my life so I do not want to be an organ donor myself.

I understand what you are saying but surely knowing you could save someones life, maybe more than one life, after your death, would override your feelings on what happens to you after you die? You're only going to go into the ground to decay and be eaten by bugs anyway! its not as if you'd be preserved forever.

I have carried a donor card since I was 9, the reason I got it then was because my firends life was saved by someone after their death. I dont know about anyone else, but whatever wrong I have and will do in my life, I will rest easy on my death bed knowing I will go on to give someone else their life back.
Fri 06/02/04 at 08:12
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
it never affected me
Fri 06/02/04 at 03:13
Regular
What about if they used your brain for a half robot, half gorilla unholy supercreature?
Thu 05/02/04 at 23:58
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I would never ask someone to have their body mutilated after death even to save my life so I do not want to be an organ donor myself. It's as simply as that I don't want to be buried at multiple funerals I want my entire body and all it's organs to be buried at once if possible. I know that may be a horrible thing to say because other people would die without my help but I would never ask it of someone else so I don't want it asked to me.

However I am obviously aware that I have never needed an organ transplant and can therefore don't know how I would react if I was told I needed an organ. I would hope that my morals would hold up though over greed at the expense of disrespecting someone else body. I would feel disrespected so that's what I'm basing that on. Anyway yeh it's a touchy subject so I don't want to get into it but yeh that's more or less what I feel.
Thu 05/02/04 at 23:17
Regular
If people want to avoid it happening to them, they should have to carry a card indicating such.

I realise it's a touchy subject but I feel strongly that people should donate their organs. There are people up and down the country dying in hospitals because there are a shortage of donations. This needn't be the case. If you're dead, what do you need your organs for? I can't understand the mentality of wanting to keep them, and bury them, when people who don't have a proper chance at life are praying for a kind donation. I'd be quite happy for someone to carve me up after my death. Although they might not want my liver, after all the pints I've poured down my gullet :D
Thu 05/02/04 at 23:09
"possibly impossible"
So you ignore the wishes of people and go with what you think should be done? I think you'd have a riot on your hands.
Thu 05/02/04 at 22:47
Regular
What I mean is, if you carry a card indicating you do not want your organs taking, then fair enough, otherwise you're ripe for carving. Some people are religious and believe the body should be left intact. I'm sure that's little comfort for parents who's son or daughter dies because of their selfish demands.

If someone is dead, their organs should be given to help others live, it's as simple as that.
Thu 05/02/04 at 22:45
"possibly impossible"
So you want to live in a world that gives you the freedom to smoke but not to choose not to donate your organs (without a lot of effort)? That's some weird idea.

If the doctors believe you need a replacement organ because you knowingly damaged the one you had, then you should have to pay for it, if it was something you couldn't prevent then you shouldn't. You could always take out insurance against it too.
Thu 05/02/04 at 22:33
Regular
"Twenty quid."
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> I'll continue to smoke it regardless

WASTER!!!!!!11
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:11
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
my god, i thought this was a joke, but no

http://www.echelonwatch.org/

holy ****, i am never ringing my friends in america again. does this remind you of a show called Alias anyone

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.