GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"organ donating"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/02/04 at 20:01
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
saw soming in another forum about george best, and his transplants, well as far as i am concerned he didn't deserve new organs, people die cos of not getting them, and he just gets a new 1 and kills it with drinking.

and another thing, donor cards, you ought to have a card if you DON@T want to donate, it would mean for thousands more donors
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:01
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
saw soming in another forum about george best, and his transplants, well as far as i am concerned he didn't deserve new organs, people die cos of not getting them, and he just gets a new 1 and kills it with drinking.

and another thing, donor cards, you ought to have a card if you DON@T want to donate, it would mean for thousands more donors
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:05
Regular
"Monochromatic"
bloody right!
i would say that smokers should have to pay for health care as well.
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:10
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
yeah, smokers are killing themselves, sponging of the NHS, and the best of it, they get millions of pounds spent on them to help them quit, let them kill themsleves, its there choice - if you want to die from your arteries clogging up with that fat stuff off the adverts, so be it.
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:22
Regular
Kingy2000 wrote:
> and another thing, donor cards, you ought to have a card if you DON@T
> want to donate, it would mean for thousands more donors

I agree wholeheartedly with this. People should have to opt OUT, not in for organ donation.

As for charging smokers for health care, that's ridiculous, where do you stop? Maybe we could have a poll - those who eat eggs, bacon and sausage for breakfast should have to pay for their health care, and those who eat muesli should get it free? that's just plain daft. If the goverment wants to tackle smoking, it should ban it, but it wouldn't dare, too much revenue from it.

You may disagree with smoking, it may waste millions a year on healthcare, but to deny people of it or charge them for it is wrong.
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:25
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
um...maybe so, you may have changed my mind

and another thing - cannabis will never be banned people! the government can't , because its just as dangerous as alchohol. so if they ban one they must ban the other, and since drinking is the income for the government (tax), they will never ban it. so soon we may puff in peace
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:29
Regular
cannabis is illegal to possess or sell. this makes it effectively banned already. I'll continue to smoke it regardless, I see nothing wrong with it, but all this was said in a thread a few weeks ago.

It'll never be like amsterdam here, the government would never allow it, but as it is, I think the laws are pretty relaxed. No-one is going to be severely punished just for smoking one spliff in the street. If you sell it in vast quantities though you are asking for trouble. but that's the case with any duty free alcohol or tobacco aswell.
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:31
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
yeah, if the government was clever enough they could make money out the stuff - we'd all be happy
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Monochromatic"
when hungry you eat(healthly or not)
when thirsty you drink(same here)
but why do people smoke,is it the unhealthy version of breatheing
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:33
Regular
Flockhart wrote:
> when hungry you eat(healthly or not)
> when thirsty you drink(same here)
> but why do people smoke,is it the unhealthy version of breatheing

It's like asking why do people get drunk. They don't need to, they just enjoy it. It's a drug, and to those who smoke it can indeed be enjoyable. I only smoke at weekends and the first cig I have in a week blows me away.

To those who don't it can seem disgusting, I can understand that.
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:38
Regular
"Monochromatic"
i dont understand why people do it though.
its not something your life depends on like food or drink

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.