GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GP32 Questions.!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/02/04 at 15:51
Regular
""To the pub...""
I am thinking about buying a GP32 after hearing that everyone who has one thinks there excellent.

but theres a few questions i need answering.

1) Can you hook it up to pc via USB ?

2) Can you Download films from the internet onto the gp32 then watch them back ?

3) what sort of software can you use with it ?

4) what are the games like ?

5) whats the mp3 like ?

thats it.
Thu 05/02/04 at 15:51
Regular
""To the pub...""
I am thinking about buying a GP32 after hearing that everyone who has one thinks there excellent.

but theres a few questions i need answering.

1) Can you hook it up to pc via USB ?

2) Can you Download films from the internet onto the gp32 then watch them back ?

3) what sort of software can you use with it ?

4) what are the games like ?

5) whats the mp3 like ?

thats it.
Thu 05/02/04 at 16:30
Regular
"Rememba me?!"
What is GP32?
Thu 05/02/04 at 16:43
Regular
""To the pub...""
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-3i-70-mk-4-14.html

Is a Handheld Gaming system which has a large clear screen it can also be used as a Mp3 Player and to download applications onto such as movie players etc it can also run Emulators and Roms.
Thu 05/02/04 at 16:59
Regular
It's fappin' brilliant!

If you get it from GBAX.com you get a disc that has a load of emulators, DOOM, Half Life, MP3 software, DivX software and a load of nifty little applications like document viewers etc.

I must admit I cannot get DivX working, which is disappointing, but the fact that you can have the best Megadrive, SNES, NES etc. games on there is more than enough reason to invest in one.

There's a lot of freeware on the net, ready for download and the official GP32 games look pretty good.

You can connect it to your PC via a link cable supplied with it, although you will have more luck using a SMC reader/writer.

Battery life is excellent, with or without the light on.

And it's not as big as it looks either!

Buy asap. You know you want to.
Thu 05/02/04 at 17:14
Regular
""To the pub...""
Cheers bullet thats a good site to buy it from :)
Thu 05/02/04 at 17:35
Regular
Make sure you get the frontlit one - the display isn't all that without it!
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:09
Regular
I Badly want to get one of these aswell, but i've heard that SNES emulators are very slow.
Where exactly do u get the ROM's?
anyway is GBAX a good site to get it from? Lik-sang.com is cheaper but u don't get a CD and you have to pay shipping taxes.
I've been trying to get 1 on ebay but keep getting outbid.
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:39
Regular
""To the pub...""
Do u really need the 128smc card straight away how much data can the GP32 store internally ?

because a backlight version with the card would be like £165
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:42
Regular
Legendary Link wrote:
> I Badly want to get one of these aswell, but i've heard that SNES
> emulators are very slow.

On some games it is. But if you're lucky, you can overclock the GP32 processor and tweak with the frameskip settings to make games run real smooth...

> Where exactly do u get the ROM's?

Just got to trawl the net. I know of a decent site that does quite a few ROMs. Can't post a link for obvious reasons.

> anyway is GBAX a good site to get it from? Lik-sang.com is cheaper
> but u don't get a CD and you have to pay shipping taxes.

If you buy one, make sure it's from GBAX.com - they're efficient, honest and extremely helpful. And they're british so if you have a problem, you don't have to pay crazy international postage to return the unit.
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:45
Regular
Silver_Knight wrote:
> Do u really need the 128smc card straight away how much data can the
> GP32 store internally ?

It cannot store anything internally unfortunately.

> because a backlight version with the card would be like £165

You will need to buy a separate SMC card as the GP32 doesn't include one. I bought the unit from GBAX, but got my SMC from Dixons. It was surprisingly cheaper. 128Mb isn't really necessary, but you'll find a 64 will fill up quite quick.

It really is worth it in the end. Trust me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.