GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google increase text/font size and search box! ...and mess up Toolbar!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/09/09 at 17:44
"Are you sure?"
I'm sure most people would have noticed that in the last few days Google have made changes to increase the size of both the 'search box' and text/font.

From the official Google blog:
Now s-u-p-e-r sized!
Our homepage and on our search results pages, our search box is growing in size. Although this is a very simple idea and an even simpler change, we're excited about it — because it symbolizes our focus on search and because it makes our clean, minimalist homepage even easier and more fun to use. The new, larger Google search box features larger text when you type so you can see your query more clearly. It also uses a larger text size for the suggestions below the search box, making it easier to select one of the possible refinements.

IMO perhaps Google could have mentioned the change on their home page as I can see many posts (elsewhere) where people are questioning it and there are some duff answers about!

So thought it was worth a post here informing people of the change :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 12/09/09 at 17:44
"Are you sure?"
I'm sure most people would have noticed that in the last few days Google have made changes to increase the size of both the 'search box' and text/font.

From the official Google blog:
Now s-u-p-e-r sized!
Our homepage and on our search results pages, our search box is growing in size. Although this is a very simple idea and an even simpler change, we're excited about it — because it symbolizes our focus on search and because it makes our clean, minimalist homepage even easier and more fun to use. The new, larger Google search box features larger text when you type so you can see your query more clearly. It also uses a larger text size for the suggestions below the search box, making it easier to select one of the possible refinements.

IMO perhaps Google could have mentioned the change on their home page as I can see many posts (elsewhere) where people are questioning it and there are some duff answers about!

So thought it was worth a post here informing people of the change :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.