GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Text Messages"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/02/04 at 04:41
They're useful for one thing; getting an urgent message across to someone if they can't talk where they are, or likewise if the receiver is there but unable to answer, for example in a library or if the area is too noisy.

But why use it for anything else? I get texts all the time, and where I ask the obligatory "Where are you?" in crappy text format (WHR R U), they usually reply with something like a cafe, walking in a public place, etc. Sure, the places have a bit of background noise, but it takes longer to text type a message then to simply ring 'em up and TALK. Hell, many text more than they talk on their phones. How absurd is that?
Mon 02/02/04 at 04:41
They're useful for one thing; getting an urgent message across to someone if they can't talk where they are, or likewise if the receiver is there but unable to answer, for example in a library or if the area is too noisy.

But why use it for anything else? I get texts all the time, and where I ask the obligatory "Where are you?" in crappy text format (WHR R U), they usually reply with something like a cafe, walking in a public place, etc. Sure, the places have a bit of background noise, but it takes longer to text type a message then to simply ring 'em up and TALK. Hell, many text more than they talk on their phones. How absurd is that?
Mon 02/02/04 at 08:02
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I usually text when I'm lying in bed and can't be assed to talk to someone.
Mon 02/02/04 at 08:20
Regular
"its cold here"
i know it takes me that long to type out a text ive forgoten what i wanted to say its easier to ring.
Mon 02/02/04 at 08:38
"Mimmargh!"
I hate text messages. And come on Icarus, you know well that this is hardly Life and Everything material.
Mon 02/02/04 at 09:01
It's an annoying part of life, so it is.
Mon 02/02/04 at 09:56
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I text alot, but that is only because the people i text are usually unable to talk otherwise i would ring. But yeah i find my self just wasting all money on text messages when it would have been quicker to talk to them.

Messages can be a good thing if its just one or 2 and you dont need an immediate reply.

Yeah i get the texts like where r u? and things like, U There? ( what sort of question is that)

Also i have had a message saying, I dont know this phone number but i thought i would try my luck. M/22/Manchester. lol that made me laugh. I had to reply with, Lucky you im FAT/FORTY/6KIDS! and that was the end of that!
Mon 02/02/04 at 11:43
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Texting is easy. People are lazy.

That's why it works-out the way it works, you see.

Actually phoning someone requires too much thought, concentration and effort for the lazy generations of today. To us (no, you can't deny you're one of them), it all SEEMS so-much quicker, when, infact, really, it isn't.

I prefer texting because I find it easier. Plus, it's when you've only got so-much you want to say.
Mon 02/02/04 at 13:13
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
English_Bloke wrote:
> I usually text when I'm lying in bed and can't be assed to talk to
> someone.

So u cudnt be assed to talk to me the other night..charming

*huffs*
Mon 02/02/04 at 14:00
Regular
Texting is a lot easier when you're sorting out a night out, and want to give the same information to a number of people, saves you phoning up and saying the same stuff over and over and over...
Mon 02/02/04 at 14:10
Regular
"That's right!"
I don't even know where my phone is. Guess how many texts *I* send a day?

Although I do use free internet based texts to save myself phoning people if I know they're at work/college and can't definitely answer their phone. But you can't exactly lug your PC and broadband through town with you for easy access. Tried it once, never again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.