GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Text Messages"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/02/04 at 04:41
They're useful for one thing; getting an urgent message across to someone if they can't talk where they are, or likewise if the receiver is there but unable to answer, for example in a library or if the area is too noisy.

But why use it for anything else? I get texts all the time, and where I ask the obligatory "Where are you?" in crappy text format (WHR R U), they usually reply with something like a cafe, walking in a public place, etc. Sure, the places have a bit of background noise, but it takes longer to text type a message then to simply ring 'em up and TALK. Hell, many text more than they talk on their phones. How absurd is that?
Tue 03/02/04 at 21:32
Regular
"um..."
My mates often ask me why I dont send texts in so-called text speak as they think its quicker.

Because 1. the predictive text on makes it take too long
2. I speak the Queens English which on the whole is easier to understand than: U Cmng 2 Pb 2nite CUL8R
Tue 03/02/04 at 21:23
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Silent-Scope wrote:
> How the hell is clg 'college'

I KNOW!!! tell me bout it!!

*shakes head at friend*
Tue 03/02/04 at 01:50
Regular
"relocated"
Good point. My Dutch friends assure me that it stands for clog.
Tue 03/02/04 at 00:56
Regular
How the hell is clg 'college'
Tue 03/02/04 at 00:09
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I've refrained myself from replying to anyone who rapes the English language via the medium of "text speak."
Tue 03/02/04 at 00:07
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
my mate texts me and puts 'ru cumin 2clg tdy?' translated at are you coming to college today? Just anoys me because she goes to extreeme texting and omits every other letter!
Mon 02/02/04 at 18:45
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Text speak infuriates me. I always write texts in proper English because I actually find it faster than trying to remember what all the stupid abbreviations are. Well, I did back when I had a phone. Boosh.
Mon 02/02/04 at 18:42
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
bobbi wrote:
> English bloke
> I have to say I like the price of a text message
> compared to phoning someone, it really helps my bank account what do
> you think

I have to say it depends on how many texts you send. Also, if someone talks to me I can usually understand what they say, if someone sends me a text sometimes it takes me a few goes at reading it to fully grasp what the author was trying to tell me.

Also, um, hello, why address me directly?

But hello none-the-less.
Mon 02/02/04 at 14:32
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Although I do use free internet based texts to save myself phoning
> people if I know they're at work/college and can't definitely answer
> their phone. But you can't exactly lug your PC and broadband through
> town with you for easy access. Tried it once, never again.

ha ha ha!

*wipes eyes*
Mon 02/02/04 at 14:22
Regular
"aussie"
Does gamezfreak mean you like games if so what sort

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.