GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Autism"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/02/04 at 15:17
Regular
"??????"
Unfortunately, I happen to have Autism. Anyone know any websites about it, because it's really starting to get me down as I enter "THAT" stage of life...

Also, if anyone has Aspergers, AD/HD or other forms of Autism, I highly recommend getting one of Luke Jackson's books. Very helpful :)

I know it's unlike me to start such a Thread, but could someone help me find some sites, please?
Sun 01/02/04 at 15:27
Regular
"??????"
Answering
Autism is something to do with the brain. There are various types, such as Aspergers and AD/HD. Several theories on why people have it have been found (but none are confirmed)

Traffic fumes
Bowel problems as a baby
Being born in an unclean place
Being born through a Cesarian (spelling?) operation

Autism CAN have good effects - many Autistic people have above-average intelligence (some have IQ's well into the 130's or higher), and can also have good memories.

If you still want more info, check Google, as recommended by Monkey Man.
Sun 01/02/04 at 15:23
Regular
"??????"
Okay, I'll try to remember that for the next 11 months :)
Sun 01/02/04 at 15:23
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Autism hmmm I have no idea what that is. Mind giving us a brief description?
Sun 01/02/04 at 15:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ever seen "Rainman" with Dustin Hoffmann and Tom Cruise? It forever changed everyone's perception of people with autism having a serious problem, into clownish street-entertainers. It'll probably be on at Christmas.
Sun 01/02/04 at 15:20
Regular
"??????"
Umm...explanation?
Sun 01/02/04 at 15:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
www.google.com

Do you hit your head like Rainman?
Sun 01/02/04 at 15:17
Regular
"??????"
Unfortunately, I happen to have Autism. Anyone know any websites about it, because it's really starting to get me down as I enter "THAT" stage of life...

Also, if anyone has Aspergers, AD/HD or other forms of Autism, I highly recommend getting one of Luke Jackson's books. Very helpful :)

I know it's unlike me to start such a Thread, but could someone help me find some sites, please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.