GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"need for speed: underground"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/02/04 at 10:42
"LOLLERSKATES!"
here is my review of need for speed: underground. enjoy!

Want the best arcade racer on the worlds best console, the ps2??? look no further.

This year has been a breakthrough period for EA. they seem to have gone back to the times when they made other titles than just sports games and phenomanal titles at that. i have already played my highly rated and treasured copy of LOTR: return of the king, and the completely awful freedom fighters. yet following those is a urban gangster driving game that is possibly a gran tuismo 4 beater. This is need for speed underground, not for the slow!!!!

the latest title in the long running series has all the sports cars and high speed cop-races. This has a totally different approach to gran turismo 4, as it dosent have luxury cars such as pagani's and aston martins, and you wont have to spend the entire game playing smokey & the bandity. instead, they have been influenced from games like midnight club 2, and assembled a game based on illegal strret-racing. and it dosent disappoint.

many british peoples idea of illegal street racing is a few teens racing a vauxhall nova, while drinking cheap booze. yet thankfully, need for speed is different. very different. here you have everything from a fiesta or corsa to a nissan or an impreza. of course, your not going to get very far in a bad-standard golf, but then comes the beauty of it, you'll have to make heavy modifications. but jazzin your motor up is all very well, you have to win races.

need for speed consits of four different styles of racing: circuit, drag, drift, and of course, sprint! =The most common type is circuit, where you will race over several laps, whereas sprint, is a one lap race, speed takes over stammana.Drag is just what it says, drag! you need to learn shift lanes swiftly, as this is needed in the drift. everytime you race, you get prize money, depending on your difficulty level, as well as gadgets, cars, and tracks. gadgets include turbos, which can modify and update your vehicle by enhancingthese features. these gadgets are usually won if you are set a personal challenge.in the game, driving isnt everything. you have to look the part as well.

it sounds a bit strange, but once you play the game you really do start to be addicted to it. you are helped by the stunning presenatation, as every little detail has stunning results. every part of it shinesbright with polish, most of all the graphics. while occasionally the cars look like they are coated with tinfoil and smeared with varnish, the look of the game is immaculate.

But, the best is yet to come. the most impressive part of the game is the gameplay. the physics of the cars are inch-perfect, and unlike many car games where it feels more like your drivin a tractor, the fantastic handling is just sublime. the gritty, well designed tracks go from insanely hard, to impossible turns, to straight line races, it really is brilliant.

overall, need for speed is easily the best game yet of 2004, it looks beautiful and drives like a dream!

I rate this product 10/10
Mon 02/02/04 at 17:24
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Foreman wrote:
> Good review and should win a game

Mon 02/02/04 at 16:56
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Azul wrote:
> I hate when people rate a game 10/10.

Yes, but giving every game you review 2/10 isn't exactly a good thing either; being overly critical says that you're never satisfied with a game. It's better to use a variety.
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:36
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I hate when people rate a game 10/10.
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:36
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Project Gotham Racing 2
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:34
Regular
"Rememba me?!"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> as far as I know NFS:U was released in 2003, not 2004, and PGR2 kicks
> the crap out of it.

What do u mean by PGR2?
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:30
"I've been skiing!"
I don't like need for speed.
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:26
Regular
as far as I know NFS:U was released in 2003, not 2004, and PGR2 kicks the crap out of it.
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:09
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Good review and should win a game, as long as it's not copied from another site.

The game is truly amazing.
Sun 01/02/04 at 16:10
Regular
The world's best console? Really?
Sun 01/02/04 at 15:18
"LOLLERSKATES!"
ah.
thats exactly what i did. i wrote this in the review section, yousingevery avaliable letter, and then copied it and posted it in this topic. i hope i will win a game. thanks anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.