GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The N64s future is still bright"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/07/00 at 20:53
Regular
The N64 still has many great games in the works at the moment and will not bow out without a fight. I've listed some titles to look forward to below and writen a quick explanation of what they are:

First person Shooters:

1. The World Is Not Enough (TWINE) (october release)

TWINE is reportedly very similar to goldeneye but with amazing graphics and brilliant levels and is due for a october release date. Developed by Eurocom/EA its shaping up to be a brilliant game it may not be a perfect dark beater but looks set to easily surpass Goldeneye graphically and at least equal it in gameplay if not pass it. In either case even a game which is like Goldeneye an expansion of Goldeneye is still an exciting prospect.

2.Turok 3 (T3)(September release)

T3 is also looking brilliant game also of the first person shooter genre. Following in the footsteps of the immensely popupular first Turok games this Game has amazing graphics and the ability to play with two different charachters and apparently with varying tasks in accordance with whichever charachter you choose. One of the most amazing features is T3s cutscenes reported to be superior to Perfect darks it features features such as moving mouths when people speak and amazing graphics. Whole brilliant interacive cities huge and challenging monsters and the traditionally huge arsenal at your disposal this is a game to look forward to.

Both games are looking good and are suppose to feature amazing details and great multiplayer features.

Platformers:

1. Banjo Tooie (BT)(November)

Banjo 2 looks to be another Rare stunner which should improve on its predecessor in every way. Probably the most noticable new feature is the fact that Banjo and Kazooie can now seperate from each other this opens up the game compleely with both charachters using their abilities to solve the puzzles when appropriate you can join the duo together again and use the old moves again. The levels look huge and graphically brilliant with loads of new challenges. You can also use Mumbo as a playable charachter. BT also includes a multiplayer and the best new game is a 4 way football match but there are plenty of other games to play in multiplayer.

2. Conkers Bad Fur Day (conkers BFD) (December)

Conkers Bad Fur Day started of life as a friendly little game aimed for younger gamer with a constantly smiling squirrel (Do not start that squirrel thread again please!!!) but has since evolved into a game aimed for older people it is rumoured that it will carry a 15 or 18 certificate because unlike Banjo Kazooie which is a nice game and looks to be very similar conkers BFD the later is filled with bad language and violence. The actual game looks very impressive with its new more nasty looking squirrel the puzzles seem very challenging and the graphics are once again brilliant this is a platform older gamers may look forward to.

RPGs

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. (Zelda 2) (November release)

Another Nintendo stunner improving on the on the original this game has been clouded in confusion. Originally rumour had it that the game only lasted 72 minutes and if you failed you had to start again. I have been reliaby informed that the game involves massive amounts of time travel and is far larger than the original. The game focuses on a new ability link has to change forms by putting on masks. By utilising different masks link can change into a Goron a deku shrub or a Zoran and he has to use the various masks to aid him in his quest to stop Ganondorf making the sky fall in. This game will use the Expansion Pak and will no doubt surpass the original which is a serious contender for the best game of all time in all ways.

If that wasn't enough to satisfy even the greediest of gamers there is also 3 other brilliant looking games currently being developed which are:

1.Eternal Darkness: A Nintendo RPG featuring almost twenty playable charachters and it has been said that it will be by far the biggest game that will be brought ot on the N64.

2. Excite Bike 64: The long awaited sequel to the popular snes game and could turn out to be one of the best racers ever.

3.Indiana Jones. This did not do terribly well on the PC but it has been completely remodeled and restructured for the N64 and looks brilliant and is definitely worth looking forward to.

4. Riqa. Details about Riqa are are extremely sketchy but this is the game that I think will be one for everyone to when the N64 does eventually go into retirement it is supposedly a mainly stealth based game following the female whose name is the title. It looks like it maybe the great surprise of the N64.

Anyway This E mail is supposed to give N64 owners something to look forward to and to silence those who say it is already dead these titles are probably the most promising but who knows what else might turn up and hopefully surprise all gamers.
Thu 23/11/00 at 22:48
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Someone once said to my son "I'm getting a Nintendo 64 for Christmas"

Timothy, who was about 3 at the time, replied "I'm getting a Nintendo 65, so there"
Thu 23/11/00 at 22:31
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
What's an N64?
Thu 23/11/00 at 21:52
Regular
STOP IT!!!!!!!!

Please Tony! Can I have it for tommorrow!! PLEASE!!!!
Thu 23/11/00 at 21:43
Regular
"not dead"
Damn right. Yesterday I received my copy of Majora's mask. This game is worth buying an N64 for! (Thanks Special Reserve btw)
And also there are so many older games at bargain prices, I'd say now's the time to be buying an N64, not getting rid of it.
Thu 23/11/00 at 21:42
Regular
Sei now moore.
Thu 23/11/00 at 21:37
Regular
It's dying, but i'll still play it, Zelda's graphics are top notch and the upcoming games, like Sin and Punishment and the 2 RPG's Aidyn Chronicles and Ogre Battle 3 (wink...wink)
Thu 23/11/00 at 21:35
Regular
Yup. The N64 is dying, not dead. But then the PS2 is dying as well.

There is, obviously, more sand in the PS2's eggtimer though, to all you Discworld fans out there.
Thu 23/11/00 at 21:32
Regular
There is no such thing as the N64 is dead, we will still buy some old games and new games, Nintendo brings to us.
There's still a batch of them left to come to us, and they are very good!
Thu 23/11/00 at 21:30
Regular
Yes, one is an odd number... :)
Thu 23/11/00 at 21:28
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I have to go with Ant and disagree on the N64's future. In my opinion the only things keeping the console alive right now is the Pokemon license and the odd Mario game they throw out.

And lets face it, naming something like 4 upcoming titles doesn't particularly inject enthusiasm. Especially when Dreamcast and PS2 owners are looking forward to numbers of new titles stretching well into double figures.

Sorry to all N64 owners, but its that typical time all consoles face when its creator is concentrating on its next console. All thats happening now is a few third party companies are doing a couple of last games for it along with Nintendo finishing their last couple, then its onto Gamecube. Its for the best that Nintendo move on really cause the N64 never really took off because Nintendo were slow to put out the console, failed to get third party backing to get all the titles rolling in and also placed a stupid price tag on the machine on its release which put it out of reach to a lot of people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.