GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The N64s future is still bright"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/07/00 at 20:53
Regular
The N64 still has many great games in the works at the moment and will not bow out without a fight. I've listed some titles to look forward to below and writen a quick explanation of what they are:

First person Shooters:

1. The World Is Not Enough (TWINE) (october release)

TWINE is reportedly very similar to goldeneye but with amazing graphics and brilliant levels and is due for a october release date. Developed by Eurocom/EA its shaping up to be a brilliant game it may not be a perfect dark beater but looks set to easily surpass Goldeneye graphically and at least equal it in gameplay if not pass it. In either case even a game which is like Goldeneye an expansion of Goldeneye is still an exciting prospect.

2.Turok 3 (T3)(September release)

T3 is also looking brilliant game also of the first person shooter genre. Following in the footsteps of the immensely popupular first Turok games this Game has amazing graphics and the ability to play with two different charachters and apparently with varying tasks in accordance with whichever charachter you choose. One of the most amazing features is T3s cutscenes reported to be superior to Perfect darks it features features such as moving mouths when people speak and amazing graphics. Whole brilliant interacive cities huge and challenging monsters and the traditionally huge arsenal at your disposal this is a game to look forward to.

Both games are looking good and are suppose to feature amazing details and great multiplayer features.

Platformers:

1. Banjo Tooie (BT)(November)

Banjo 2 looks to be another Rare stunner which should improve on its predecessor in every way. Probably the most noticable new feature is the fact that Banjo and Kazooie can now seperate from each other this opens up the game compleely with both charachters using their abilities to solve the puzzles when appropriate you can join the duo together again and use the old moves again. The levels look huge and graphically brilliant with loads of new challenges. You can also use Mumbo as a playable charachter. BT also includes a multiplayer and the best new game is a 4 way football match but there are plenty of other games to play in multiplayer.

2. Conkers Bad Fur Day (conkers BFD) (December)

Conkers Bad Fur Day started of life as a friendly little game aimed for younger gamer with a constantly smiling squirrel (Do not start that squirrel thread again please!!!) but has since evolved into a game aimed for older people it is rumoured that it will carry a 15 or 18 certificate because unlike Banjo Kazooie which is a nice game and looks to be very similar conkers BFD the later is filled with bad language and violence. The actual game looks very impressive with its new more nasty looking squirrel the puzzles seem very challenging and the graphics are once again brilliant this is a platform older gamers may look forward to.

RPGs

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. (Zelda 2) (November release)

Another Nintendo stunner improving on the on the original this game has been clouded in confusion. Originally rumour had it that the game only lasted 72 minutes and if you failed you had to start again. I have been reliaby informed that the game involves massive amounts of time travel and is far larger than the original. The game focuses on a new ability link has to change forms by putting on masks. By utilising different masks link can change into a Goron a deku shrub or a Zoran and he has to use the various masks to aid him in his quest to stop Ganondorf making the sky fall in. This game will use the Expansion Pak and will no doubt surpass the original which is a serious contender for the best game of all time in all ways.

If that wasn't enough to satisfy even the greediest of gamers there is also 3 other brilliant looking games currently being developed which are:

1.Eternal Darkness: A Nintendo RPG featuring almost twenty playable charachters and it has been said that it will be by far the biggest game that will be brought ot on the N64.

2. Excite Bike 64: The long awaited sequel to the popular snes game and could turn out to be one of the best racers ever.

3.Indiana Jones. This did not do terribly well on the PC but it has been completely remodeled and restructured for the N64 and looks brilliant and is definitely worth looking forward to.

4. Riqa. Details about Riqa are are extremely sketchy but this is the game that I think will be one for everyone to when the N64 does eventually go into retirement it is supposedly a mainly stealth based game following the female whose name is the title. It looks like it maybe the great surprise of the N64.

Anyway This E mail is supposed to give N64 owners something to look forward to and to silence those who say it is already dead these titles are probably the most promising but who knows what else might turn up and hopefully surprise all gamers.
Fri 24/11/00 at 21:29
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
unlucky grix, you have to wait for Monday now as the hard working postmen/women don't post parcels on Sat/Sun! it is worth every minute you wait in pain.
Fri 24/11/00 at 21:25
Regular
Read my damn topic now!
Fri 24/11/00 at 21:25
Regular
Wah. No Zelda.

I hope the game will be better than the wait.

(... Isn't that more than obvious?)

What?

(The game being better than the wait.)

Well. Yes.

But that wasn't the point.

(What was the point?)

The point was... That it's tense waiting for the game, and I hope the game is, more tense?...

(Sometimes we all say things we don't really understand.)

Umm... Thanks...

(However. I am very sure you are one of the dullest people I have ever spoken to in my entire life.)

Compared to whom? You've only ever spoken to me!

(And you are by far the worst.)

...I'm finishing this right now.
Fri 24/11/00 at 21:17
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
BJbangley, I got Zelda asell, I am past the skull kid but won't say anymore, almost completed the first mission but got stuck on a spider catching game and took a photo instead!
I have to say to everyone that had ever thought about getting this game, it is so good it will make your eyes water with joy!
When you start to play, don't give up, you suddenly find yourself wrapped up in the storyline and searching for your next mask! there isn't just 4 msks to get, I have 3 already and only one of them changes my whole body! it is a truely amazing game.
Tony, that Timothy you speak of sounds like a spoiled brat, tell your son to give him a little nudge and make him challenge him to a duel of goldeneye.
Fri 24/11/00 at 21:11
Dont worry,Im sure Grix will get his game soon.

I Think that the N64 is still alive and Kicking, Nintendo has away of continuing to impress even when people think their machine is past it. Remember the SNES, at the end Nintendo was still bringing out games like Super Streetfighter2, Donkey Kong Country and Yoshis Island...
Look at the N64 lineup of games, OK there arent alot, but the Quality is there.
Zelda2-Majoras Mask, has to be great, building on the success of the superb Original. The Graphics on Perfect Dark are Amazing for the System, and I didnt think the two player mission mode would have been possible, but I was proved wrong. The Machine will continue to be pushed, until and after the GameCube is Released.
Im sure that all the other games that will come out will be great too, because Nintendo means Quality.I particularly like the sound of that Game "Eternal Darkness" sounds great-Nintendo RPGs always are, and if it will be the biggest game that will be brought ot on the N64, Bigger even than Zelda then the Game should be a must Purchase.
The Nintendo 64 is a great machine, and its still the best multiplayer console around.
Fri 24/11/00 at 20:27
Regular
Copies run dry sometimes, a bit like the Sahara Desert!
But sometimes the posties lose them in the Post Office HQ.
Fri 24/11/00 at 20:25
Regular
So Grix hasn't got Zelda? I thought that gameaday was meant to be like a pre order. My brother Pre ordered it and got it on Tuesday.
Fri 24/11/00 at 20:17
I believe that the n64 has bright future ahead, it is still an exeptional console all you have to do is look deep down for the games you want like no mercy just coming out what a game that is going to be it has all the makings of a classic.I think eventually they will just start bringing out plenty of games out all at once but the question is when?I mean its all ready been out for what over a year and they just havent got the gameing side right but the rest is still one of the best around.It may not have long left considering such consoles as the playstation 2 is just arriving so they need to hurry I think that it might just stay in business for a good year or two so good look nintendo.
Thu 23/11/00 at 22:53
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Unless it took you four minutes to write that - I suppose it is.

We need a site called UKtime.com
Thu 23/11/00 at 22:51
Regular
Is the time wrong on this site, cos' it's 22:55.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.