GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pirates Of The Caribbean Reviewed - Ok it's a bit late lol:S"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/01/04 at 19:05
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I know it's a bit late but I wrote one for Ciao and thought I'd also post it on here as a GAD attempt only to find they don't sell that particular DVD. Hmph. Ack well I still thought I'd post it here for you guys to view. Enjoy:

Pirates Of The Carribean
------------------------

Don't you just love it when you're walking through you're local HMV and find a gem of a DVD in their half price sale? You know what I mean, a film like Gattaca or Top Gun. Well Pirates Of The Caribbean may not be as innovative as Gattaca or emotional as Top Gun but this is definitely a modern day masterpiece that you definitely wont regret paying full price for.

By the director of the popular horror film, The Ring, Gore Verbinski has delivered a spectacular film with a cast that some directors can only dream of. The up and coming A-List elf Orlando Bloom delivers a surprisingly good performance as the dashing young Will Turner, the dazzling Keira Knightley who plays the perfect love interest and Cap'n Jack Sparrow himself, Johnny Depp.

Mr. Depp delivers a stunning performance after a fair few years out off the movie making game in his come back film, and what a come back it is. His fabulously camp performance as the comical yet skilled pirate of the seven seas is one that simply does not disappoint. His cheeky little comments provide well-needed light relief in this otherwise generic pirate movie.

"Welcome to the Caribbean love!" Says the apathetic scally wag in an attempt to get Keira to loosen up and drink some Rum. Just like a real pirate. It's grade A material I'll tell you that.

Now, I'm not saying it wouldn't be a good film without him only that without Cap'n Jack this film would have far too much doom and gloom for your average viewer, which, in itself can be comical.

The plot itself is a solid one typical of the genre and as you would have guessed from the 12 certificate it's a bit darker than usual for a Disney film. The CG for example allows us to see the skeleton remains of a crew of the damned. Probably not a good idea to play the lenient parent with this one and show it to your kids. I'm 16 and still jumped out of my seat the first time I saw one of them!

However this is not about me looking like a jumping fool in the cinema. This is a list of my opinions; you may not like them; you may not agree with them but don't argue! "Do you think it wise to cross blades with a pirate” I don’t! So go and buy a copy from the shops or plunder your mates house and take his for a stunning adventure on the high seas.
Page:
Mon 02/02/04 at 20:43
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Blank wrote:
> You patently didn't

*rolls eyes* What's the point, if you don't believe me then don't whatever.

> Aha! Haha!

Let me get this straight you made fun of Shrubber for being immature in the General Chat but then you do that. Cough hypocrit cough.
Mon 02/02/04 at 20:39
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
> I did take it into consideration, I told you I took it into
> consideration, I told you my logic behind my decision and you just
> just said I was being stubborn.

You patently didn't - so said no within just a few minutes. You didn't think about it at all, you replied in the same time it takes normally.

> That was all you said at the time.

I'm pretty sure I did say a few other things, but no matter.

> You didn't say that at the time either. I don't think I need anymore
> advice now though so thanks but no thanks.

Aha! Haha!
Mon 02/02/04 at 20:34
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Blank wrote:
> No, but I take it into consideration.

I did take it into consideration, I told you I took it into consideration, I told you my logic behind my decision and you just just said I was being stubborn.

> And emoticons weren't the only thing.

That was all you said at the time.

> One more thing Cubist - it's not only what you do but the way you do
> it

You didn't say that at the time either. I don't think I need anymore advice now though so thanks but no thanks.
Mon 02/02/04 at 20:31
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
No, but I take it into consideration. I don't just say "Err....nah, I won't bother if it's all the same to you" within five minutes after ASKING for the advice.

And emoticons weren't the only thing.

One more thing Cubist - it's not only what you do but the way you do it.
Mon 02/02/04 at 20:28
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Blank wrote:
> "How can I change if I don't know what to change?"
> "Change this."
> "No thanks."

That wasn't a joke though. I'm sure you don't instantly adopt any piece of advice you're given on any topic even when you ask for it do you?
Mon 02/02/04 at 20:26
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Not used an emoticon since Thursday and you gave me the advice on what? Friday?
Mon 02/02/04 at 20:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
And anyway, you're the last person who should talk about token gestures.

"How can I change if I don't know what to change?"
"Change this."
"No thanks."
Mon 02/02/04 at 20:23
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
They don't go hand in hand, it wasn't a token gesture....

I really thought we were getting somewhere, but you're really more of an idiot for not taking my advice.
Mon 02/02/04 at 20:21
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
It's funny how sarcasm and being nasty go hand in hand isn't it? Finally if it was just a token gesture don't do me anymore favours *rolls eyes*
Mon 02/02/04 at 20:18
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
> I just wrote that review straight off the top of my head with no
> research only my personal opinions.

Saying "this is Depp's first movie in years" is not an opinion, it's basically incorrect.

> That is how it came out you don't
> have to be so mean about it. Clearly everything I wrote in their was
> from my own knowledge despite that small inaccuracy. I'll take your
> Barry Norman comment as a compliment though heh.

A compliment? I said you act as if you're Barry Norman when you're not...how is that a compliment?

> Finally I just want it to be noted that you were the first one to say
> something nasty not me which if you remember is exactly what i said
> would happen.

You said would happen?

1) I wasn't being nasty, I was being sarcastic. Look them up.

2) I've never said that I would stop making comments if you carry on making yours. I said I'd have a civil conversation on what were talking about earlier, nothing more.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.