GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pirates Of The Caribbean Reviewed - Ok it's a bit late lol:S"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/01/04 at 19:05
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I know it's a bit late but I wrote one for Ciao and thought I'd also post it on here as a GAD attempt only to find they don't sell that particular DVD. Hmph. Ack well I still thought I'd post it here for you guys to view. Enjoy:

Pirates Of The Carribean
------------------------

Don't you just love it when you're walking through you're local HMV and find a gem of a DVD in their half price sale? You know what I mean, a film like Gattaca or Top Gun. Well Pirates Of The Caribbean may not be as innovative as Gattaca or emotional as Top Gun but this is definitely a modern day masterpiece that you definitely wont regret paying full price for.

By the director of the popular horror film, The Ring, Gore Verbinski has delivered a spectacular film with a cast that some directors can only dream of. The up and coming A-List elf Orlando Bloom delivers a surprisingly good performance as the dashing young Will Turner, the dazzling Keira Knightley who plays the perfect love interest and Cap'n Jack Sparrow himself, Johnny Depp.

Mr. Depp delivers a stunning performance after a fair few years out off the movie making game in his come back film, and what a come back it is. His fabulously camp performance as the comical yet skilled pirate of the seven seas is one that simply does not disappoint. His cheeky little comments provide well-needed light relief in this otherwise generic pirate movie.

"Welcome to the Caribbean love!" Says the apathetic scally wag in an attempt to get Keira to loosen up and drink some Rum. Just like a real pirate. It's grade A material I'll tell you that.

Now, I'm not saying it wouldn't be a good film without him only that without Cap'n Jack this film would have far too much doom and gloom for your average viewer, which, in itself can be comical.

The plot itself is a solid one typical of the genre and as you would have guessed from the 12 certificate it's a bit darker than usual for a Disney film. The CG for example allows us to see the skeleton remains of a crew of the damned. Probably not a good idea to play the lenient parent with this one and show it to your kids. I'm 16 and still jumped out of my seat the first time I saw one of them!

However this is not about me looking like a jumping fool in the cinema. This is a list of my opinions; you may not like them; you may not agree with them but don't argue! "Do you think it wise to cross blades with a pirate” I don’t! So go and buy a copy from the shops or plunder your mates house and take his for a stunning adventure on the high seas.
Page:
Tue 03/02/04 at 19:04
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
*taps fingers on table for an hour straight* Anyway I will stop...well maybe, I dunno I'll do whatever feels right at the time but i shall take everyone elses opinions into account. *rolls eyes* I better not grow up to be a crowd pleaser.
Tue 03/02/04 at 19:01
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
You wouldn't believe how easily annoyed I am.
Tue 03/02/04 at 18:53
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Oh well, sure you'll all live with me saying "heh" every now and again. It can't be THAT irritating.
Tue 03/02/04 at 18:43
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Having "heh" in a message a dozen times is irritating. If you want to stop your messages from being monotonous, you could try using an 'interesting' "presentational-method" alá "'-Solskjaer-'"
Tue 03/02/04 at 18:36
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Memorandum! wrote:
> It's the equivalent of sniggering after every sentence you say. If
> you were talking to someone and they laughed at the end of every
> sentence, wouldn't you think to yourself "what the hell is wrong
> with that idiot?

I'm just being cheery. It's not as if I mean anything offensive by it. It's just sometimes when I read over what I've written and I can imagine it being spoken and sounding quite monotonous, spiteful or whatever. I just like to make sure people know I when I'm saying something in good spirit.
Tue 03/02/04 at 18:34
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Blank wrote:
> "Sorry"?
> "I'll never do it again"?
> "I'll never do it again, sir"?

*shakes head*
Tue 03/02/04 at 18:31
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Cub!st wrote:
> What can I say? I'm just a cheery person and think that
> "heh" helps convey it without it looking like sarcasm.

It's the equivalent of sniggering after every sentence you say. If you were talking to someone and they laughed at the end of every sentence, wouldn't you think to yourself "what the hell is wrong with that idiot?"
Tue 03/02/04 at 18:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Cub!st wrote:
> What can I say?

"Sorry"?
"I'll never do it again"?
"I'll never do it again, sir"?
Tue 03/02/04 at 18:24
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Always thought it was tonnes.

It is, but tons also. I think. Ton and tonne are different amounts, so I'm assuming the plural of "ton" is "tons" and not "tonnes". If it were, they'd be the same and it would be confusing.

And Memo, he's always done that. You just didn't notice because of the marginally more annoying smilies.
Tue 03/02/04 at 18:22
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
What can I say? I'm just a cheery person and think that "heh" helps convey it without it looking like sarcasm.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.