GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ebuyer 4 port broadband router."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/01/04 at 16:28
Regular
I purchased one of these baby's a few days ago and I must say i'm happy with it. It's not that hard to setup at all. Actually, its easy as pie, forget the instructions just plug the wires in and turn on your computer.

As long as ye'v got XP, you'll be sharing the internet in no time.

Anyway, meh, Just thought i'd post this on the forum to appraise the quality you get for the price, and its great for people who are thinking of sharing an internet connection with consoles etc.

Get one.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html ?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=48411
Sat 31/01/04 at 12:13
Regular
Ha! Excellent, it comes with its own management software aswell, built inside the router, meaning you can forward ports etc without any problems.
Sat 31/01/04 at 01:33
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Well, I can't even remember all the problems I've had with Ebuyer. The only thing I use it for now is the customer opinions.
Fri 30/01/04 at 18:36
Regular
It's a sign from the gods at ebuyer :)

Colin
Fri 30/01/04 at 14:13
"I love yo... lamp."
There isn't much of a point to thise, but whilst reading Colins reply there I had an ebuyer order delivered.

Coincedence or conspiracy?
Fri 30/01/04 at 12:32
Regular
People can always find something wrong with a supplier, none of them are perfect, i have had no problems at all with ebuyer and purchased a lot of equipment from them, ive also had to send bits back and had no problems with them being replaced, without sounding like im moaning i think we should not say how good or bad a company is to someone purchasing from them (unless asked) just because you have heard of or are someone who has had a problem with them.

Colin
Fri 30/01/04 at 11:04
Regular
I've heard mixed opinions about ebuyers customer service, but i've only ever used them twice now and had no problems with anything.

Still, I'd highly reccomend one of these routers to anyone whos just wanting to share their internet connection between 4 computers/consoles without breaking the bank. It does it's job, it shares the connection and its really really easy to setup. I just chucked away the instructions as soon as I got it, plugged it in and loaded up Gentoo Linux. Bang, i'm on the internet without even a hint of configuration.

Definatly worth the money, consider purchasing one.
Fri 30/01/04 at 01:05
"I love yo... lamp."
I've never had any problems at all. Oops, tell a lie, I once had something arrive a day later than it was scheduled for. It arrived on the 24th of December and not the 23rd.
Fri 30/01/04 at 00:55
Regular
"bing bang bong"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Well I had good customer service, I got my goods.

You've never had to send anything back then
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:58
Regular
"Touched!"
Well i've just ordered a Linksys 4 Port Broadband Router/with built in switch for £36, sound like i've got a bargain!
Thu 29/01/04 at 22:01
Regular
Well I had good customer service, I got my goods.

And yes, the router is made by Origo.

I think its excellent value for money compared to the £60-£70 needed to spend on an overly priced branded router.

Good stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.