GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Greg Dyke resigns."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/01/04 at 13:49
Yeah.
Fri 30/01/04 at 20:11
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Andrew Gilligan just resigned about 2 minutes ago.
Fri 30/01/04 at 19:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
How come Gilligan hasn't been sacked? He caused alot of the trouble in the first place.

Greg D. was wrong to go. The government just wanted another pound of flesh, but he shouldn't have given in. The BBC needs someone like him to lead them past the *cough*biased*cough* Hutton report. What it doesn't need is to be effectively leaderless.
Fri 30/01/04 at 19:06
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Darwock wrote:
> Who said I was talking specifically about this? Or is the Hutton
> report like a magic wand that makes him the purest, most honest
> politician who has ever lived and turns every lie he has ever told
> into the truth?

No, but you see in this country we have this thing called "evidence", and if you say someone important is lying you need this thing called "evidence" to make it anything more than the rants of anti-government idiots. Given the number of people claiming the Hutton report was a whitewash the country should be able to fill a small county with this "evidence" but strangely there is no "evidence"...

Back to the BBC...scrap the licence fee. They waste money by the bucketfull in that place. If they think they are so good then they should have no problem selling advertising space eh?
Fri 30/01/04 at 16:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I do have to admit i am laughing at how a little bit of snow can bring England to a grinding panic-strewn halt. Over here in Canada over the last 2 days alone we've had over 30 cm of snow and there's no sign of it letting up. Are people going around buying everything out of stores fearing the apocalypse is coming? No they just say *Hmmm a bit more snow eh?* It's minus 25 degrees over with the windchill as well, i wonder how exactly England would manage with the weather we're getting over here and how much more excited the Beeb would be in telling us we're all going to die?

Anyway onto the actual topic. D yke should have resigned ages ago and not for reasons relating to this inquiry. More so for the fact his channel has constantly churned out absolute crap over the last few years. If i saw another cooking, DIY or unfunny comedy show in my lifetime i'd have killed him myself.
Fri 30/01/04 at 12:19
"High polygon count"
unknown kernel wrote:
> And then there's this 'killer snow' business: it's January, you
> eejits, not a new ice age. Normal people think "brrr, bit
> chilly this morning, better wear a scarf".

I have to admit, this has been a source of endless entertainment for me over the last few days!

A little bit of snow and the whole damn country grinds to a halt, we're told "how to survive the cold snap", and people have (apparently) spent £40 MILLION in a panic-buying spree?!?!?!

We've had THREE DAYS of f***ing snow, and it's starting to melt already! And they TOLD us it would arrive around midweek, before disappearing around this weekend when temperatures rose again.

Roads gridlocked (not gritted beforehand), schools closed (in case Little Johnny falls over and his parents sue), panic buying (because presumably everyone's incapable of WALKING to a shop), and (in my area anyway) no post yesterday because the poor little b'stards at the Royal Mail couldn't be asked to do a collection on Wednesday night!

Why do we ALWAYS get caught out by it, even when we know it's coming? Why can we never deal with it? They often call it "freak weather", but it's not. We have it at least once EVERY year, and we're always 'surprised' by it. Okay it's not as constant, but I see no reason we shouldn't by now be just as at ease with a bit of snow as people in parts of Canada, the U.S. and many European countries.

I'd love to know what the people of other countries think when they see these over-the-top reports on the BBC world service. The Swedes and Norwegians (for example) must laugh their warm, wooly socks off at us.
Fri 30/01/04 at 11:50
Regular
"relocated"
I think the BBC already started reforming itself, before the Hutton report was released. I watched the 'news' a few weeks ago and the top story, accompanied by about five minutes of in-depth analysis, was Greg Rusedski failing a drugs test. It's tennis FFS, nobody gives a crap and even if they DO give a crap, is it really deserving of so much coverage? It wasn't even as if it was a slow news day: tuition fees debate in parliament, nine US soldiers killed in Iraq etc etc.

And then there's this 'killer snow' business: it's January, you eejits, not a new ice age. Normal people think "brrr, bit chilly this morning, better wear a scarf". The BBC tells us "WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!! And here's Nick with details of how we're going to die snowy deaths, and news of how that will affect Greg Rusedski's preparations for Wimbledon."

It's a government's dream come true: keep the population stupid, don't make them think.
Fri 30/01/04 at 11:37
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Well the BBC is obviously being reforemed as the governments puppet, and when have you ever known the government to voluntarily scrap a tax?
Fri 30/01/04 at 11:24
"High polygon count"
This may be going off on one hell of a tangent, but...

What I'd like to see now is MILLIONS of people refusing to pay the license fee.

Could be a good opportunity to get rid of it and force "anti" Beeb to advertise. Make the lying b'stards earn their money like every other channel.
Thu 29/01/04 at 16:11
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Who said I was talking specifically about this? Or is the Hutton report like a magic wand that makes him the purest, most honest politician who has ever lived and turns every lie he has ever told into the truth?
Thu 29/01/04 at 15:51
And now Lord hutton can look foward to a peaceful retirement.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.