GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dumb questions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/01/04 at 10:29
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Don't you just love them? It was brought to mind as I have just had the following telephone conversation:-

Me "Good morning"

Him "Morning, I'm just calling to see if you are thinking of updating your telephone system"

Me "Definitely not"

Him "Oh, definitely not. Can I ask why"

Me "Er, because this one is still working"

Well it made him laugh.
Mon 02/02/04 at 13:40
Regular
"That's right!"
"does that really happen?!"

Yes, it happens. You've either got an insane stalker, or it's just the bank wanting to talk to your mum/dad/whoever.
Mon 02/02/04 at 13:39
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
mikelar wrote:
> you say good morning when you answer the phone?

Only if it's before 12 otherwise I say "good afternoon"

Plus our Company name which I omitted for the sake of the post.
Mon 02/02/04 at 13:04
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Stupid question - sending somebody a letter in the post to ask them if
> we had the right address.
>
> Amazing.

not as amazing as..

Caller 1:Hello Emma?
Caller 2:Yes?
Caller 1:i'm just checking i got the right number!

DOH!
Mon 02/02/04 at 13:02
Regular
"Selected"
does that really happen?!

someone's been ringing my house and then hanging up without saying anything for a while and the number is always withheld...
Mon 02/02/04 at 12:56
Regular
"That's right!"
When banks call someone, unless they're absolutely sure the person who answered is the person they're after, they'll hang up. Simple as that, they'll hang up instead of simply asking for that person. Supposedly it saves time and money...

I answer the phone a lot and they just hang up on me because they're after my dad. Saw in the paper, some bank was phoning this woman for YEARS and hanging up as soon as she said "Hello?" - why? They were after her husband, but they'd got divorced and he'd moved out and the records hadn't been updated. She thought they were stalkers/mentalists, but they were just annoying bank morons. For YEARS they were calling her, she was terrified and of course 1471 didn't work.

Stupid banks.
Mon 02/02/04 at 12:16
Regular
"Selected"
you say good morning when you answer the phone?
Mon 02/02/04 at 11:25
Regular
"Long time no see!"
My dad hates it when sales-people ring you up. But, he deals with it in such a funny way...

For example, he'll answer answer it with "Crazy Joe's Pizza, how can I help you?", or, "Silverline Tanning Salon" [or something like that...].

Better yet, he'll speak to them in Greek, and they'll just hang-up! Or, he'll start shouting at them, in a Greek accent: "No, this is a bloody Greek restaurant - you have the wrong bloody number, eh!!"

:D
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:26
Regular
"Plate of glue"
ßreak†hrough wrote:
> Black Thundêr ™ wrote:
> Der Nazi wrote:
> Christ, Game Spaz is back. Let's ban him back to whence he came.
>
> I second that.
>
> I third that.

I fourth that.
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:23
"I've been skiing!"
Black Thundêr ™ wrote:
> Der Nazi wrote:
>
> I second that.

I third that.
Sun 01/02/04 at 17:31
Regular
"hotter"
Der Nazi wrote:

I second that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.