GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mini Disc"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/01/04 at 18:58
Regular
"the burning sky"
Right, i'm gettin rid of my MP3 player, the piece of rubbish that it is, and would like to invest in a Minidisc player. Is it possible for me to get one that i can put music on (ie my MP3's) and is a decent make for <£100 pounds. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks
Thu 12/02/04 at 13:28
Regular
"the burning sky"
So i cant be be bothered to email myself all my music to myself, and i cant find anyway to upload 'em to. So really i am looking for any alternative software to SonicStage, trawling the net i heard you could use realplayer? Does anyone know if this performs the same fuctions, ie records into Atrac and LP4 modes etc?
Wed 11/02/04 at 17:22
Regular
"the burning sky"
Any ideas? Is there any other software that i can use? Or that is compatible? If not, i'll just transfer all my music to the computer next to me, but that'll take ages, as i'll probably end up sending it via my 56k internet connection, unless i can get a USB pen drive or zip drive etc...
Wed 11/02/04 at 17:18
Regular
Send it back and buy my excellent MZ-R70 :D
Wed 11/02/04 at 16:36
Regular
"the burning sky"
Well I got it today, but still no refund from ebuyer, despite sending it back last Friday... and to top it off the SonicStage software wont install on my version of windows... what should i do?
Thu 05/02/04 at 15:12
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/ (space)
> B00008AF67/ref=pd_sim_ce_dp_1/202-4476421-2570250
>
> I would get this one instead, its a net MD so you can connect it to
> your computer with the usb cradle and transfer your MP3's onto it.
> You can convert the MP3's to ATRAC to save space as well.

That's the one I've got, Sony, top quality Net-MD... plays beautifully.

Highly recommended.
Thu 05/02/04 at 00:19
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yeah nice one matey. Enjoy your portable music!
Tue 03/02/04 at 18:17
Regular
"the burning sky"
Thanks for that info, i am more than certainly buying the one that cookiemonster recommended, and ebuyer have accepted my return/refund application, but until that money is back in my account, i'll have to wait to buy it. I'll be sure to post a mini-review in here when i get it. Thanks again...
Tue 03/02/04 at 01:06
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!D wrote:

Do they run by capacity or time?

MiniDiscs run by time. You record 160minutes (in LP2) at whatever bitrate, format, anything.

I thought of it this way, "when will I ever listen to 1gb+ music before I get home?"

Answer is never.

Knock up a little minidisc before you go and unless you are constantly away from your home about 15hours a day, then there's no real need for a mp3 player.

Erm, get a NetMD.

Battery life if good. About 40+ hours with its own battery, and then they normally give you a little battery pack which you clip on to the bottom and insert one AA battery. Overall it gives about 90hours of play, depending in which mode its in, etc etc.

Sony kit is good, however I dont like the older NetMD ones. I think their too bulky. But I have the smallest MD around. I think its still the smallest or nearly the smallest. (Panasonic SJ-MR220 http://www.minidisc.org/(SPACE) part_Panasonic_SJ-MR220.html)

Also minidisc.org ^^ is full of info. Buy some decent headphones too. If your into in-ear's then the Sennheiser MX500's are best.

Erm, yeah, enough of my rant now. Let us know how you get on eh?

Oh yeah, ebuyer. Good company, nice site. Dont ever buy hdd's off them.

And they use Initial city-link. Which take AGES to arrive. I ordered a DVD player monday, guarenteed delivery by/or on Friday. Didnt arrive till the next monday.
Sun 01/02/04 at 10:20
Regular
Nevah!

Buy mine!
Sun 01/02/04 at 09:35
Regular
"the burning sky"
Hopefully Ebuyer get back to me on monday about the refund, and as soon as i receive the email confirming it, i will order the MD player from amazon. All things going well that is...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.