GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Higher Education Bill"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/01/04 at 18:35
Regular
"SOUP!"
Check out BBC Parliament - they're totally ragging each other to bits with their snidey words. "Those privatising vultures on the other bench" has to be the best quote so far.

On a more political level, the higher education bill will be voted on tonight- It if passes, those of us who plan on going to uni will end up being more so in debt and have to pay in advance too. If it isn't passed then we will not be as much in debt, but some universities will be shut down due to lack of funding - and some subjects such as medicine will be underfunded and have a lack of resources.

Labour want to put the bill through, but the conversatives dont, and nobody invited the Lib Dems to the conference.

The vote is at 7pm, and results will be accounced at about 8 I think.

Personally I hope it doesn't pass, but the labour argument seems to be strong, and they have more seats than the conservatives. The only real way the bill cannot pass is if all the conservatives vote against the bill, and a fair share of the labour MPs vote against their own bill too.

Fri 30/01/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Only for Cannabis users..
Fri 30/01/04 at 18:56
Regular
The conservatives will reclass Cannabis back to Class B, which is rather annoying.
Fri 30/01/04 at 18:52
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Of course the simple solution is to vote Labour out of office next year...of course I have no doubt the country will once more vote Blair into office

What else is there to choose from though?

Conservatives say they will get rid of this stupid new policy and that too many people are going on useless/oversubscribed subject areas. Sure, their economics aren't too clear but this new labour policy is the same.

Liberal Democrats...anyone know their policy on this? All I know is they oppose everyone else and that's about it...
Fri 30/01/04 at 18:01
Regular
Personally, I'm considering not going to university now, i'm put off by the fact that i'll be £30,000+ in debt by the end of my education. Basically, I cannot afford to pay that much money.

Muh.
Fri 30/01/04 at 17:55
"Darkness, always"
Needless to say, at the current rate at which university costs are increasing, my children will be educated abroad to avoid labouring them with debts the size of a decent mortgage at 21.
Fri 30/01/04 at 17:49
Notorious Biggles wrote:
>

Mmmm the beautiful and ever useful closing tag.

Better still, Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology, English and Media graduates should pay more towards tuiton fees, so those in other, more useful subjects can pay less.
Fri 30/01/04 at 16:16
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
béSSánt wrote:
> stop making millenuim wasters and speed cameras and stop increasing
> tax and we might just accept the fact that fees will have to rise

Why are you against Speed Cameras???
Fri 30/01/04 at 15:51
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
tony blair says:

we have little money hence fees will rise and we will confuse people with our system MWHAHAHAHA!!!

i say:

stop making millenuim wasters and speed cameras and stop increasing tax and we might just accept the fact that fees will have to rise

tony blair says:

whats for lunch dear, i am feeling a bit peckish.
Fri 30/01/04 at 14:28
"I love yo... lamp."
Unless things have changed, you'll find them in the Boyd Orr Lecture Theatre's.
Fri 30/01/04 at 14:19
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Mmmm eyecandy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.