GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Multiplayers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/03/01 at 22:57
Regular
For some people this is the best thing about a game, but what is the best an online game or an 4 player on screen game?
For online games we have some brilliant games to play, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, Mechwarrior and Red Alert 2, they have plenty of choice there that i can list, and yes the online community is growing and is superb fun, but what does it have against a 4 player Goldeneye game, or Mario Tennis or Perfect Dark?

Online games are perfectly graphically superb, with that distant lag around some servers it's dissapointing for some games like Red Alert 2. But whereas Goldeneye had a superb 4 player mode, but you can't have 16 player bouts with people all round the world, but instead a couple of friends.
The problem with 4 player games are the cramp split screen's on a TV even on Widescreen's they are not easy to stare at for long, though Perfect Dark the king of split Screen Multiplay was still the very best 4 player game made since Goldeneye.

But still i argue you should try online gaming more often to improve your gaming skills, however you hardly ever get to play 4 player games so much because your friends hardly come round that often so marvel and show what you've all got to leave them gobsmacked by what you can do!
Wed 28/03/01 at 22:50
Regular
Poor war cows.
Wed 28/03/01 at 16:19
Regular
Sniping is my job.
Wed 28/03/01 at 13:51
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
...and my Nali War Cow and foot and mouth...
Wed 28/03/01 at 13:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's ok, I understand.

My reason is I suck at it, hence snipering on CTF Facing Worlds.
Top of tower, off the side and POW POW POW

But now and then I triumph.

All hail Dog_Fart (UT Handle)
Wed 28/03/01 at 13:17
Regular
I had a bad connection...
I'm on AOL...
My ping rate was in the millions...
My keyboard exploded...
My mouse fell off the desk...
The phone rang...
My screensaver kept cutting in...
There was someone at the door...
er...
Wed 28/03/01 at 13:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hah, so you were the plum that kept spawning and standing still, admiring the scenery as bullets chewed into your Nali War Cow?

Death to the Alien Bovine Menace
Wed 28/03/01 at 12:53
Regular
Arrrrghh, so it was YOU!!!

Yur muzzer wus a 'amster end yur fazzer smelld uf eldurberries.

FM: Dying young, but only in UT.
Wed 28/03/01 at 10:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Very true.

But, sometimes it's just good to go into a server and discover that everyone else is worse than you are, and there's something glorious about blasting strangers who repeatedly stand in one place.
I spent almost an hour last night taking pot-shots at some guy that swore in French at me.

Vive Le Agincourt!

And Multiplayer does work, and if you want to put your mates off whilst they bash buttons trying to get up in Knockout Kings or run faster in sports games, try quoting Total Recall at them in a bad Ahrnold voice, eg:

"Melinaaaa!"
"It's Hairy from verk, dey are owl in on iiit"
"Scr*w you Benny!"

They collapse in fits of laughter,you win and then the cushions of death make an appearance.
Wed 28/03/01 at 10:13
Regular
"not dead"
Beating your mates is so much more satisfying than beating complete strangers though.

Also if some of your friends are in the room with you when playing, you can also drink beer, and tell filthy jokes. Not much fun sitting on your own at a PC!
Wed 28/03/01 at 09:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's a completely different experience with Online and Multi-player.
Multi-Player is a way to claim moral and intellectual victory over your mates.
Obliterate them and then do a shuffle-dance in the living room as they flip the finger and smash your head with cushions (or is this just me?)

Online can be fun, but is usually bl**dy frustrating and difficult.
Don't get me wrong, I play Unreal Tournament as often as I can (girlfriend's nights out with mates is a top opportunity) and I love CTF Facing Worlds.

But there is invariably 5 or 6 players on each game that do nothing but play online, usually in The States where they can afford to do so.
You start the game, look about and get killed.
Again and again and again.
You never see where the hot-laser death comes from, but you know the result.

Still brilliant fun.
My tactic is grabbing a sniper rifle, sitting somewhere high and "Headshot" after glorious "Dominate!" headshot.

Multiplayer good.
Online good.
Online Chess bad.

I mean come on, play online but not chess.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.