GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whos the best customer games reviewer?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/03/01 at 22:30
Regular
I wanted to know who was the best customer games reviewer on this forum- I think my best reviews were for ZOE, Final Fantasy IX, GT3, Devil May Cry, Shadow of Memories and a few others. Let me know what you think and also, say why you think you are the best reviewer.

P.S I have won gameaday twice for reviews.
Fri 28/08/09 at 19:31
Regular
"argh another ballan"
he said he might come down i will ask him and make sure he goes!
lol
Fri 28/08/09 at 17:38
Regular
"Born to fish"
Give your dad a kick in the rear and get him out fishing on sunday lol
Fri 28/08/09 at 10:41
Regular
"argh another ballan"
Hey cam
dont underestimate the power of the MAC forum!! lol
u never no..
young palmer (sam, tonys son)
=D
Thu 27/08/09 at 22:06
Regular
"Born to fish"
Supposed to holding a shore match this sunday down scarlet rocks. Nobody will probably be on this forum by then so i suppose i am talking to my self lol. If any one interested give me a shout ( Cameron 477732).
Wed 28/03/01 at 22:08
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> > If you
> dont believe me, go to www.gamespot.com, thats
> where I find out
> about the games, and why I put so many facts
> into them.

No offence intended, but isn't that just plagiarism?
> Using someone elses review to get the facts on a game, then putting
> them into your own review, rather than actually playing a game
> yourself and giving your own opinion?

I won for a review of the
> playable GT3 demo, and it was literally all my own work; I took
> everything from the demo after I'd played it. I didn't get any info
> from web sites, I just related my experience.

I'm in no way
> saying that you didn't deserve to win; I haven't read the winning
> reviews, so I will not make any such judgement - this is just an
> observation.

On the one hand you're saying you don't copy, and on
> the other you're saying that you get your info from web sites.
> Okay, it's not copying in the strict sense of the word, but if you
> haven't played a game in any form (full or demo) and get your info
> from other sites, you're not strictly reviewing a game - you're
> collating information gathered by other people.

Again I stress
> that no offence is intended by this; it's just a discussion point,
> based my interpretation of your initial post.

Thats a way you can put it- and I know theres a fine line between plagerism and research and I bloody know it considering how strict they are at uni with coursework. What I do is use the facts from the game e.g. the characters names in an RPG for example- I DONT COPY. Im not a person to cheat and I am very hurt that someone would say that I was cheating. I just wanted to make this crystal clear. If you dont believe me, get one of my reviews and go to www.gamespot.com (use GT3 for example). Youll see that they are not the same, therefore I DO NOT CHEAT to win a prize. Its not satisfying that way.
Tue 27/03/01 at 17:18
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
To be honest I don't tend to read too many reviews if they didn't win gameaday, I never take other peoples advice on which game to get. I either really want it so I buy it or I rent it from Blockbuster or the videogames man in town...I also like pb's work, he makes me laugh, FM is funny aswell.

I hate these reviews that go on...and on.....and on....etc....people go into every little detail which can spoil the game. If I can see that a reviews covers all the areas of the game including a comment I read it...Shortish ones are good! Long ones are boring...'A Mon Avis'

The Game
Tue 27/03/01 at 17:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
shaneo wrote:
> I think I am a good reviewer but I write my reviews at the wrong
> time,for the wrong console(PS)or too close together. I admire
> Ant,Er-No and PB's work:)

Cheers shaneo!!
Tue 27/03/01 at 16:55
"High polygon count"
> If you
> dont believe me, go to www.gamespot.com, thats where I find out
> about the games, and why I put so many facts into them.

No offence intended, but isn't that just plagiarism? Using someone elses review to get the facts on a game, then putting them into your own review, rather than actually playing a game yourself and giving your own opinion?

I won for a review of the playable GT3 demo, and it was literally all my own work; I took everything from the demo after I'd played it. I didn't get any info from web sites, I just related my experience.

I'm in no way saying that you didn't deserve to win; I haven't read the winning reviews, so I will not make any such judgement - this is just an observation.

On the one hand you're saying you don't copy, and on the other you're saying that you get your info from web sites. Okay, it's not copying in the strict sense of the word, but if you haven't played a game in any form (full or demo) and get your info from other sites, you're not strictly reviewing a game - you're collating information gathered by other people.

Again I stress that no offence is intended by this; it's just a discussion point, based my interpretation of your initial post.
Tue 27/03/01 at 16:48
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I think I am a good reviewer but I write my reviews at the wrong time,for the wrong console(PS)or too close together. I admire Ant,Er-No and PB's work:)
Tue 27/03/01 at 16:29
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
My favourite reviewer for games is actually pb, if I'm thinking of buying a game, most times pb has reviewed it, so I'm used to his style. So far he has never let me down, his points are all well made, but more importantly he's always spot on, we must have the same tastes in games.

Other reviewers that have stood out in the past are Sniper's Final Fantasy IX review, and apoc's review of Spawn, they were quality pieces of writing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.