GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Love: real or science"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/01/04 at 23:16
Regular
"Monochromatic"
love is it a real spiritual thing or just a scientific trick to make us breed and look after our children.
my personal belief is that it is just a chemical thing,but i try to ignore this belief as firstly it reduces us to the level of animals and secondly i want to believe its possible.i dont think its a good idea to overanalyse these sort of questions as it reduces everything around us to science.
i am sorry if i have put these ideas into your head but im looking for some affirmation of the soul.
help me out.
im a big believer in science but sometimes i wish i wasnt.
Tue 20/01/04 at 23:16
Regular
"Monochromatic"
love is it a real spiritual thing or just a scientific trick to make us breed and look after our children.
my personal belief is that it is just a chemical thing,but i try to ignore this belief as firstly it reduces us to the level of animals and secondly i want to believe its possible.i dont think its a good idea to overanalyse these sort of questions as it reduces everything around us to science.
i am sorry if i have put these ideas into your head but im looking for some affirmation of the soul.
help me out.
im a big believer in science but sometimes i wish i wasnt.
Tue 20/01/04 at 23:20
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Flockhart wrote:
> love is it a real spiritual thing or just a scientific trick to make
> us breed and look after our children.

By that logic it is obviously Spiritual. How do you account for the love homosexual people feel then? They can't breed so that argument is flawed I'd hate to say heh:D
Tue 20/01/04 at 23:26
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I don't think the soul exists.

I also don't believe in free will.

Everything we do, say, hear, think or believe is governed by biological or chemical reactions.

We ARE animals.

But then again, what's wrong with that? We don't know our future, we have the illusion of free will, and we can enjoy ourselves. As far as we're concerned, love might as well be real.

If we can't see outside the pond, why worry about it?
Tue 20/01/04 at 23:54
Regular
"Monochromatic"
my problem is that if if it just a chemical reaction im confident some scientist could come up the formula.
as for the gay question i usually dont hold back my opinions on here but on this occassion i think i will.
maybe if love is chemical being gay is a chemical inbalance because it goes against the human nature of evolution.
i can hear the liberterians frothing at the mouth.
once again i await your condemnation
Tue 20/01/04 at 23:56
Nope, I agree eith you. While it's acceptable that some people are naturally gay, it does ultimately go against evolution of the species. Orrrrr, it could be the beginning of a single sex race that will mature in the far future?
Tue 20/01/04 at 23:59
"I love yo... lamp."
Why would a single cell organism evolve gender?
Wed 21/01/04 at 00:04
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I think love is purely a mental thing.

Physically, any female (apaart from the problems with birth blah blah) can give birth to your child. So that rules out the idea of animal nature. You dont see male badgers or something looking around for the best looking female badger. They see a female badger that is ready for impregnating and then they are chemically drawn to mate.

If this was true about us. We would be going crazy over all the women who are ready for it.
But no, we dont. So what is it? What is it that makes someone fancy or fall in love with that perticualar person.

Some phycologists beleive that we are drawn to people similar to our mothers characteristics. (yes, odd, but read on) This is because you have been brought up from birth by them and you have been made to beleive that is what women should be.

Some beleive that it has nothing to do with that, and it is purely the uniqueness of every individual that has a liking for a certain characteristic in a person. Like why some people like blue, and some like red. It's just what our brain impulses make us work.

Some Scientists beleive that it is hormone enduced. This relates back to animal nature. They beleive that a certain hormone is made when a certain part of the brain is activated and this chemically attracts the oppisite sex. Example, being confident, happy, cheerful can all create a chemical response and secrete a hormone that the opposing sex sense through smell and taste. This also can explian the reason of homo sexuality, if these brain funtions are crossed or mixed up, then the scent that the person picks up could create the oppisite effect on the person.

I think a mixture of all these is partly true. There are alot of theories that have been thought of. But im not going to go into thoughs.

So I think Love is real. Attraction is science.
Wed 21/01/04 at 00:22
"I love yo... lamp."
I have to say I think it is real. I spent a few minutes thinking about this one.

If you take it to a scientific protect the species find the best mothers for your children level, it doesn't work. Because of the women I know, I know who has the best health, who would have the healthy genes to pass on. Yet, I'm not interested in her.

Freud's you want your mother theory falls apart when you look at my history. Most of my exes are more Briana Banks than my mother. Sure there are a few brunettes out there that I like, even a redhead. But none like my mother. That one is a real passion killer.

There is no pattern to those I fall for. Each is vastly different.

When I love someone it is a mental connection.

When I fancy someone it's big breats. That is just not love though. I don't want her to have my children and I don't want to wake up with her every morning for the rest of my life.
Wed 21/01/04 at 00:42
Regular
"Monochromatic"
H²O wrote:
> I think love is purely a mental thing.
>
> Physically, any female (apaart from the problems with birth blah
> blah) can give birth to your child. So that rules out the idea of
> animal nature. You dont see male badgers or something looking around
> for the best looking female badger. They see a female badger that is
> ready for impregnating and then they are chemically drawn to mate.
>
> If this was true about us. We would be going crazy over all the women
> who are ready for it.
> But no, we dont. So what is it? What is it that makes someone fancy
> or fall in love with that perticualar person.

we have created morality,not sleeping with every woman comes down to psychology and morality.you would if you could but you have been taught not to.i blame religion for this.psychology comes down to love and hate and experience of the two,saying that there has to be a trigger. you love your mum so you look for similar qualities in women,but what made you love your mum in the first place.the only answer i can think of is human nature,as a baby your comfort sets off chemicals at a base level and everything grows from there.
this is getting complicated,bloody frued,he should have got job as a binman instead of messing up my head with psychology

> So I think Love is real. Attraction is science.
yes love is real but in chemical form,how can you attribute love to spiritulity and attraction to science,arent they linked?
Wed 21/01/04 at 00:56
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I have to say I think it is real. I spent a few minutes thinking about
> this one.
>
> If you take it to a scientific protect the species find the best
> mothers for your children level, it doesn't work. Because of the
> women I know, I know who has the best health, who would have the
> healthy genes to pass on. Yet, I'm not interested in her.
its not that simple and its not a choice you will consciencely make
>
> Freud's you want your mother theory falls apart when you look at my
> history. Most of my exes are more Briana Banks than my mother. Sure
> there are a few brunettes out there that I like, even a redhead. But
> none like my mother. That one is a real passion killer.

it doesnt have to be your mother,or to do with the colour of their hair,but a mixture fo all your experiences
>
> There is no pattern to those I fall for. Each is vastly different.

because you want something different to the last one,so you dont end up with another failed relationship.
>
> When I love someone it is a mental connection.
and its a mental connection because of your experiences,mentality leads to pychology,pychology leads to human nature,human nature leads to chemicals
>
> When I fancy someone it's big breats. That is just not love though. I
> don't want her to have my children and I don't want to wake up with
> her every morning for the rest of my life.

this partner for life theory goes against male human nature.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.