GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can i use nail varnish remover to clean the CPU die?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/01/04 at 13:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I didnt notice that my heatsink came with a thermal pad on it, so when i tested the fit i accidently got some of it on the CPU die, which i have to remove so i can get arctic silver 5 on, will nail varnish remover be ok?
Thu 22/01/04 at 22:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yes, although registering people from the phonebook for broadband is really getting the old registrations barometer rising.
Thu 22/01/04 at 13:39
Regular
56k must be a real pain in the backside aye cookie?
Thu 22/01/04 at 00:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yep, DFI Lanparty.

Got XP installed and that yesterday, i downloaded service pack 1 (10 hours on a dial-up modem) and ive burnt that to cd so i can install that tomorrow since i cant get the network up.
Tue 20/01/04 at 13:58
"I love yo... lamp."
Unless he's changed it, it's a DFI Lan Party. With UV PCI slots.
Tue 20/01/04 at 10:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Do you have an Abit NF7 or derivitive?
Mon 19/01/04 at 23:23
"I love yo... lamp."
Well I hope that solves it for you.
Mon 19/01/04 at 23:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The IDE cable came out too easily for my liking, i think you hit the nail on the head. Just want pushed that extra bit in.

:)
Mon 19/01/04 at 23:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It ejects and stuff, so it should be ok for power.

I will recheck the IDE cables just now, but i will wait till tomorrow till i attempt to install XP.

Thanks for the tips though, much appreciated.
Mon 19/01/04 at 22:45
"I love yo... lamp."
The most obvious thing.. it is plugged into the IDE channel properly and has a power connector plugged into it?

Are you trying to run the CD drive through SATA via a connector thing like the Soleil that came with the NF7-S?
Mon 19/01/04 at 22:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> As for not being able to install XP, is it a SATA hard drive? If so,
> you boot the PC from the XP CD then when it says do you need to
> install any SCSI drivers (or something similar) you install a SATA
> driver that should have come with your mobo. Took me a while to get
> it set up as well.

Yeah its SATA, ive configured it to boot from the cd-rom first but it wont load the cd at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.