GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jaws is a really good film..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/01/04 at 19:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
...until it jumps in the boat.

They quite literally "jumped the shark". I don't know how they managed that one - sharks are excellent, especially when they're covered in blood and eating people. They thought making it eat someone after it jumped in the boat would make it cool again, but thanks to ITV showing it at about 5 O'clock, most of it got cut out! Idiots! That's why people watch it - to see it eat Quint - but the sh*t-eaters at ITV put paid to that. They might as well have edited him out of the entire film and cut to a shortened scene of the shark exploding and Richard Dreyfuss and Roy Schneider paddling away. The end.
Tue 20/01/04 at 16:56
Regular
""To the pub...""
Was quite a good film apart from the 10ft rubber shark lol and the fact that its films like this that cause stupid people to go out and kill the animal featured and endanger it because they think they are like this in real life.
Tue 20/01/04 at 08:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The sagacious one wrote:
> Moral of the story: don't show a fackin film about a killer shark at
> 4pm on a sunday. Idiots. In fact I'm surprised that people haven't
> complained about the excessive amount of rubber on show. And why
> didn't they realise that many kids will now by trying to sink fishing
> boats and feeding sharks with oxygen tanks just to recreate the final
> scene.

Ha ha, I made the exact same quip!
Mon 19/01/04 at 17:57
Regular
I despair of ITV, they should be banned from showing films altogether. Cutting them ruins them - you wouldn't rip a few pages out of a book before reading it would you?

Still, they show a lot of bond films, so I'll let them off.
Mon 19/01/04 at 17:23
"Darth Vader 3442321"
The opening sequence where the young lady gets attacked at night, is the scariest thing I've ever seen. Really nasty.

Cutting the ending was pants. I caught the film just as they were getting on the boat, so I watched the rest. Then ITV committed an atrocity and ruined my lust for blood.

Moral of the story: don't show a fackin film about a killer shark at 4pm on a sunday. Idiots. In fact I'm surprised that people haven't complained about the excessive amount of rubber on show. And why didn't they realise that many kids will now by trying to sink fishing boats and feeding sharks with oxygen tanks just to recreate the final scene.
Mon 19/01/04 at 10:30
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> Yeah, it looks really good in the water, when you can't really see it.
> I can still see the bit where it jumps in the boat though. Heh.

In the bit where Brody is throwing the chum overboard (Just before the "We're going to need a bigger boat" bit") look carefully in the sharks jaws. You can see the mechanics used to open and close the mouth ;)
Mon 19/01/04 at 10:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, it looks really good in the water, when you can't really see it. I can still see the bit where it jumps in the boat though. Heh.
Mon 19/01/04 at 08:49
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> ...until it jumps in the boat.

Yup. Spielberg knew that "Bruce" (the crew nickname for the shark) was such a terrible model, and so prone to mechanical faults that they had to keep it off screen as long as possible otherwise the audience would laugh at the rubber monstrosity.

Hence, the fantastic tension and unseen danger during the majority of the film. I think you are being a little harsh about the film turning naff afterwards though. I've seen far, far worse effects, usually in more modern films. :)
Sun 18/01/04 at 23:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Mystique wrote:
> "We're going to need a bigger boat"

So more sharks can hop in? Seriously, it was all going well until then.
Sun 18/01/04 at 23:02
Regular
"We're going to need a bigger boat"
Sun 18/01/04 at 22:21
Regular
"Swivel!"
I think the 2nd one is better, coz in Jaws 2, he elctricutes the Shark.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.