GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XboX 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/01/04 at 14:35
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Yes, only about 2 years until microsoft launches its second console ( obviosly best ever)

2006; xbox 2 will hit the stores; over powering any othe console ( including the ps3). XboX 2 is basicly XboX; but improved in every way. The worlds best graphic card has been used here! A massive 200 GB hard drive ( xbox has only 8GB) and XboX 2 is the console wich WILL take console gaming into the next level. No-other console matches the xbox 2 ( unless XboX 3 comes) . The technology used in a console is emazing.

This is the type of console that Sony and Nintendo are terrified of. As they know when xbox 2 comes, all other consoles will be put a side.

And XboX 2 has a certain system, that CANNOT be chipped. So it stays original. Online gaming will be great; the best EVER.

if you know enything about this awsome console; please let me know.

Thanks
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:41
Regular
"and PC user"
But its possible that in the future, a new console will be released every year, the only change being a slight faster cpu being fitted + a bit more ram. Like PC's are now.
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:39
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
That's a good point my fear with the Xbox 2 as with a lot of Microsoft products is that we are just gonna get a warmed over PC chipset upgrade and one that will nowhere near as advanced as the PS3 cell chip. Microsoft has a history of making minor upgrades and call them amazing advancements. Look at Xbox games they have not really developed in terms of graphics from the first generation games where as the PS2 ones have.
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:26
Regular
"and PC user"
XBox 2 will not be faster in real terms than PS3. Just uprating bits on the XBox will not provide the bandwidth needed to pull in front of the PS3. XBox might have a higher Mhz chip, but it will be working overtime just to stay in touch with the more modern PS3. Its a bit like a 20 year old 2.0 car and a modern 2.0i 16v DOCH car. The new one works much less hard to do the same job as the old one.
Tue 20/04/04 at 15:13
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
Hi Everyone remember me I'm back a lot has happened over the past few months, but one thing remains the same Nintendo Gamecube is still a dead duck and the Xbox will still not be a true 128 bit machine.
Sat 17/04/04 at 14:43
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
the consoles will basically be the same, and probably rushed just to get the most money, thats all their after, and why we aint had any price cuts for quite a while
Thu 15/04/04 at 23:40
Regular
Ooh... controversial.

And wrong. ;)
Thu 15/04/04 at 11:19
Regular
I can't believe image is still such an issue in console design.

As long as it plays games, and plays them well, that's all that matters.

The Xbox is the biggest console ever, but that doesn't stop it from being the greatest console of this generation...
Thu 15/04/04 at 11:16
Regular
"\\"
And looks good... How could anyome say the ps2 looks good? It's just two black boxes with a bit of writing.
Tue 06/04/04 at 22:30
Regular
Funny thing is, the Xbox is only millimetres bigger than the Playstation 2 - and is a more symmetrical shape too.
Tue 06/04/04 at 15:57
Regular
ginger nut wrote:
> I just hope it gets smaller next time, Xbox1 reminded me of a
> breeze block

I have heard that Eurepean desigers will shape the next Xbox

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.